
Since April begins the first full month of Spring, Teresa and I have decided to begin our Training today, on April 1st. No, this is not an April Fools joke. I WILL be doing the 2013 Goofy Challenge. It's going to be tough, but with your help and support, I am confident that I'll make it to 39.3.
In all honesty, this year has not been bad. I have been walking, and even running, a couple of days every week and I have been trying to make good food choices. But there has been no consistency. No pushing myself. It's time to kick the training into high gear and follow a true plan. Last year, I had really let myself go. I utterly destroyed all of the progress and results that I had gained the previous year. I have no excuse for what happened. It just happened and all I can do is dust myself off and get back to work.
Today, I did my first weigh in and measurements. I came in at 250 pounds. That means that I am up over 50 pounds from the day I had my surgery back in June. Disappointing, but there is some good news. I am now down 15 pounds from January 1st when I weighed in at 265. So, it's a bitter sweet day.
The plan for this week is to go for a 45 minute wog on Tuesday and Thursday and a long run of 4 miles on Saturday. It's going to be hard to make the long run happen, since I will be traveling to Dallas, but I will find a way to make it work. Also, I'll be doing some form of strength training on Monday and Wednesday and will be going back to the daily 50 pushups and 50 situps plan that Chris had me doing back in the day. I'd also like to try to start swimming again at night, but with the traveling, I may have to wait and start that next week.
I'm pretty excited to get back to training and living healthy. I've got some Weight Watchers recipes and plans already in place. Weight Watchers did wonders for me before, so I am hoping that the principles that I learned from them will help me now.
1 comment:
I am so excited to see this post. I cannot wait to see all the good things that you're going to do.
If you need a daily push, let me know and we can text or email with a daily update.
I am having a really hard time with food and diet lately and it makes training tough, but I am working on it.
If you need plans, tips, anything please let me know!
I will be out there doing the Dopey again so I cannot wait to see those Goofy medals around our necks!!!
Post a Comment