Hi guys! Nothing really going on here, but I thought I'd check in anyway. Don't want to lose any momentum in my posting.
Well lets see... I've gone for a wog every day this week. I'm actually quite proud of myself. I've gone everyday and did two personal bests this week.
On Tuesday, I went for a 6 mile wog. I did some jogging and some super fast speed walking, but I was only able to make it to 5 miles before the deluge began. At that point, I was still feeling good. Had the storm stayed away, I know I could have made it to 6... maybe more. The fact that I felt so good kinda made me feel better about not making it to my goal, so I was happy.
While I was telling Justin about it that night(I'm loving this buddy system, it's really working for me!), he mentioned that he needed to do a 10k for yesterday. Now, I had only planned on doing a 5k, but I figured that if he was doing one, I could do one too. So yesterday morning I did a 10k. Not including the Renaissance (because that race sucked!), this is the farthest I've gone since January. I'm really happy with that and I'm hoping to plus it a little next week.
Today, there won't be any training because I'm hitting the road and going to the Neshoba County Fair up in the northern part of the state. It's a big deal here where lots of political speeches and campaign rallies are held. I'm going with the Lincoln County Teenage Republicans group (I'm a chaperon... how funny!). I think it will be a lot of fun and it's right up my alley. I'll post a "Non Disney Trip Report" when I get back. Maybe something interesting will happen.
Well, that's it for me. How's everyone else doing? Things seem to be getting a little quite again. Where is everyone? Let's not backslide! Oh, and don't forget about our Virtual 5k this Saturday! "See" you all there!!
1 comment:
Congrats on getting out everyday. That's amazing! Good job on the 10K too.
I'm glad that buddy system is working for you...I have to say that I think I've fallen down on the job...I've only chatted with Jonathan a couple of times and haven't heard anything from Sgt. Brian. I don't want to pester any one.
Have fun at the fair - it sounds interesting.
I'm struggling right now to be honest. I've been really good with eating this week, but I've only got about 1.5 miles in. Not where I should be for a half in a month! I'll keep working on it though.
Post a Comment