Sunday, July 25, 2010

A Leisurely Stroll Through the Country

Mongello! Well this week sucked as far as Club 8 is concerned. I only got in two workouts, if you can even call them that. I did do a ton of "manual labor" (yard work mostly), but I don't count that. The first workout was only a brisk 2 mile walk on Wednesday. The only good thing about this "workout" was the fact that I got up at 6 am and did it. It's a start!

The second workout really wasn't a workout at all. It was just a nice leisure stroll through the country. Over the weekend, I went up and stayed with Aunt De'Dee, out in the middle of Madison County. Nothing but farmland and woods for about 20 miles and my aunts house is right in the middle. Perfect place to go for an escape. Well this morning, I decided to go out for a little stroll. Nothing big. Nothing strenuous. Just get out and enjoy the countryside. Here's some pictures to show you what I'm talking about.
Other than drive way, This was the first leg of my stroll. I turned down onto the main road for a few feet then found this path through a Sunflower field. This was just beautiful to me! It's almost like what a perfect painting would look like. But, as you can see, this is certainly not the ideal area to run on!

I just love sunflowers. They're such a happy flower. What's interesting about this field is that the owner doesn't grow them for any commercial purpose. He just grows them because he thinks they're pretty and for the seeds. After the flowers die, the seeds will be left for the deer and whatever to come eat. Makes for a perfect viewing area of the wildlife in the area.

This was the next leg of the stroll. Just a gravel road that winds through the woods. It's not very apparent here, but there are these gigantic ditches on either side of the road. Fall in there and break your neck! Again, a very senic area but no good for running or speedwalking.

These next few pictures are back on Aunt De'Dee's land at her pond. I just thought the water lilies were nice.



Isn't that just gorgous?! I've always been a bit of a flower lover, but I can never get mine to look like this. I guess nature knows best. That flower was as big as my head and smelled heavenly!

After the pond, I went in. I have no idea how far I went, but I was gone for about an hour. My pace was only a stroll pace so probably no more than 2 miles. MAYBE 3. I didn't measure or really keep track of the time. The point of this walk was simply to enjoy myself and take it all in. I'm glad I took the time to do it, but back to work tomorrow!!!

5 comments:

Matt said...

Ok... Do any of you guys know how to make blogger stop screwing up the "layout" of a post? I am SO frickin' tired of this damn software sqooshing all the words and pictures together. It just looks terrible after blogger does what ever it does to the post. When ever I post pictures to a post, it takes out all of the spaces between paragraphs. I'm SICK OF IT!

MikeF. said...

Yeah not too sure on that. I got ride of the pink mister funny guy once I realized how to do it. Like the pics.

Amanda said...

I know you'll be back on track this week. You'll do great.

Sometimes a nice leisurely stroll is just what the body ordered. At least you got out. The flowers are fabulous. What a great place for a walk.

As for posting. I will modify my HTML if it's messing up. If you have basic knowledge of HTML you can usually spot what's messing up. That being said, I have some of my sidebars that I have to modify everytime. It sucks!

Anonymous said...

Nice! Love the pictures. The sunflowers are amazing!!! I would have had to get in them!!

Justin said...

COME ON SOLDIER, PICK IT UP!!!!!!

I get your texts me telling me how hard you're training, only to see on your blog that you're taking a leisurely stroll through the woods smelling the flowers. WHAT ARE YA, A GIRL????

Pick it up mister! I don't care how good your pictures are. Having a nice flower pic to send home to your mommy isn't going to make you faster or stronger!

So COME ON Buttercup, drop and do twenty then run a 10k tommorrow! And no flower pictures. Seriously . . .