Hey guys! I finally got my computer fixed! Huzzah! No more viruses (knock on wood). Now, I'm in the process of adding all of your blogs back into my "feeds" so I can keep checking in on you all. I'm pretty sure everyone's blogs are on my blog list, but I'm not sure. So check and make sure so I'll remember to "follow" you again. I had about 30 something blogs in my feed and now I can't remember where they are. Oh well... you guys are the important ones.
Today kind of feels surreal. I don't know why, but it does. I guess it has to do with the fact that I start my first "real and official" job today. That means that Uncle Sam knows about it and it's not a work-study. Its not what I wanted as I'm just a cashier at a local supermarket, but its a job so I'm happy about it.
What I'm not happy about is my performance this morning. Yes, I did get my lazy butt out of the bed at 5:30 am and went walking, but that's all I did. I walked. No running, no jogging, not even any wogging... just walking. And I only went 2 miles at that! And I am SORE! I shouldn't be like this... I feel like I did when I went for my first 2 miler about 3 years ago, except then I was happy and amazed I went 2 miles. Now I'm disappointed. I have got to fix this. I'm headed over to the gym in a few minutes to get some extra miles in on the bike and elliptical. At least I know I can do something on there.
Hope everyone is doing well. I'll try to get to all of your blogs at some point today. If I don't post something, that means I haven't "found" your blog, so be sure to send me a link!
3 comments:
Well, every workout is a bit different, so don't beat yourself up over it. Sore is good, just gives you that "alive" feeling. Just try to build up some consistency in the workouts and the muscles will get back to remembering.
Congrats on the job as well! The best part is when you look at your check and Uncle Sam has taken most of it! LOL then you get to watch how he spends it....of course, you already had a leg up on this realization, but it's fun to look at nonetheless.
Congratulations on a job!! I would rather do that job right now than mine.
I agree with Chris, don't dwell on the walk. It does not matter. You did the hardest thing. You made it out the door. Sore is good.
So by your counter, you are coming down for the Wine and Dine?? :)Should I get excited??
Congrats on the job...Doesn't matter what it is, just that you do it well - and I know you will!
Don't get disappointed with the workouts. You'll be back up to your old pace, miles, strength before you know it. Don't get discouraged and give up - that's going to be your key right now!
Post a Comment