Hey guys! First of all, let me apologize for my very few, short posts. My computer has been infected with a really bad virus and I have yet to be able to fix it. Until I can, posts will be very few and far between. I am hoping that soon I can get rid of this Microsoft POS and go Apple. Only time will tell...
Anyway, on to today's topic...
Since I can't participate in this year's Princess Half, my aunt and I have come up with a bit of a contest. At 5:00 am CST on March 7th, I will be running 13.1 miles around my hometown. At the same time, my aunt will be running the Princess. In a since, we will be racing each other. If I win, she has to buy me a new pair of running shoes. If she wins, I have to prep and plant her flowerbeds and yard for the spring. Although I do enjoy yard work, I really really want those running shoes!
I have to prove that I did run that morning, so I'll have to get pictures.
I think this will be fun. Yeah, I'll be in boring Redneck Hell, and she'll be in WDW but it'll be fun none the less. I figure there will be taunting along the way so that should be amusing.
Would any of you like to do this with me? You don't have to get up as early as I am, but for those of you on the East Coast, it wouldn't be too hard I wouldn't think. I think it would be kinda cool if all of us are out running a half "virtually" together.
5 comments:
That sounds like a lot of fun. March 7th is a scheduled rest day for me and unless I change my schedule - which I've been doing lately - I'm not sure that will work for me.
I'll cheer you on though. Hope you get those new running shoes!
A half on March 7th huh? hmmm ok if this post actually makes it through and shows up on your blog I'm in weather permitting.
Dang, it posted! Guess that means I'm commited. haha.
Yep Jeff... it seems like you're in!
Looks like the 7th with work for me as well, but may not know till we get closer. So I'll keep it tentative.
Maybe this is our March Challenge.... :-)
Post a Comment