The Princess Half Marathon- Let's recap on what was going on here. My cousin is signed up to run this race, but she is getting married the next week, so she has decided not to participate in it. That left her entry open and she offered it to me (yes we realize that's not exactly legal, but in today's PC world, I doubt seriously they would say anything...). I would have to find a way to get down there and get a room and of course, any park tickets I chose to buy. It seemed like a good, fun thing to do, but due to some conflicts and finances, I will NOT be doing the Princess this year. The race is not during my Spring Break, so I would have to fly down Friday night, run the race on Sunday and then fly out as soon as the race was over. Just seems very tiring and the cost is crazy just for a 2 day trip.
Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon- Why is this race start with "Disney" when the others start with "Disney's"? I just found that interesting. Anyway... As long as finances hold out, I will be doing this race. This race is more practical because, it should take place during my Fall Break, which will allow me to turn this into a mini vacation, which I'm excited about. Also, did you know that (from my research) the rooms for this race actually cost less than the same rooms during the Princess? I found that interesting. I just found this race more doable, so why not?
Goofy's Race and a Half Challenge- As of now, I've started training for the Goofy. However, I'm still unsure as to whether or not I will actually be able to make it down for marathon weekend (I've explained why before). But I am still serious about at least doing the training for it. I'm also seriously thinking about turning this into a Dopey. Still not sure, but since I'm training to do 39.3 miles, why not tack on an extra 3.1?
3 comments:
Good stuff, Matt. Keep going on the work and let the registration stuff take care of itself.
OK So How Many blogs do you really need? And I am like you, with the finances and stuff. But I will be doing the Goof or the marathon.
The Princess Half id during spring break for here and the room prices are much higher.
Sorry you won't make the Princess Half, but I can understand the finances part.
As for rates for Wine & Dine - it's value season :)! Makes it much more doable. I do hope you'll make it to this one as I'd love to see you there.
Regardless of whether you do the Goofy, Dopey or none - the training will still be rewarding. Keep doing your thing there.
Post a Comment