Sunday, December 20, 2009

On the Rebound

Mongello! Even though nothing much has happened around here late, I just thought I'd post since it's been a while since I last updated you guys.

I did the 6 miles on Tuesday. It damn near killed me, but I did it. If 6 miles is going to hurt that much, I don't even want to think about 13.1! Maybe I just pushed too hard or something, I don't know. None the less, I took Wednesday off, but since Thursday I've walked 3 to 5 miles everyday, starting from a slow stroll working up to speedwalking. After todays walk, I feel like I've adjusted enough to start jogging again, so in the morning I'm attempting another 6 mile walk/run. I'm hoping that the walking has helped, if not just to get me in the race mindset.

I know I'll be fine. I've done this 3 times before, and I've gotten faster each time. As a matter of fact... Before Disneyland, I hadn't trained at all and I cut 15 minutes off my time. So I'm just freaking out, I know.

That being said, I am PUMPED for this trip! I NEED this trip! I cannot wait to see you guys again! Only 20 days left!!! I'm still trying to nail down all of my ADRs and other family commitments (they've already been made, but during family vacations, I'm the last to know anything) during the trip. As soon as I know this info, I'll let you guys know which meets I'll be able to attend. So far, I know that I will not be able to make it to any meets after Saturday night, since I'll be leaving Sunday morning. That means that I won't make it to the Lapu Lapu meet, which was the one I really wanted to go to. Oh well, there are other chances. Be sure to get my number off of the "master list" and shoot me a text. Maybe we can have some unofficial meets some... Let me know!

2 comments:

Rae! said...

Let's get together!!!!!!

Amanda said...

Great attitude...It'll take you a long way in this race coming up! I have no doubt you'll do exactly what you set out to do!

Like you I'm super excited and feel like I really need this trip.

Can't wait to meet you.