Wednesday, November 11, 2009

A Quick Post and a Quick Question

Hey guys! Well, this morning I finally got my lazy ass out of the bed and walked 3 miles this morning. Granted, it was just speedwalking, but it was something. I'm GOING to do the same thing tomorrow and hopefully get some running Friday morning. So far diet and lifting has gone very well this week. I love any diet that I can eat as much steak, hamburger and globs of butter and mayonaise as I want and still cut through the fat like a tornado in a trailer park.

Now on to my question:

I've been contemplating a cardio stategy where I gently walk and/or jog a few miles in the morning as soon as I wake up and then at night do about a half mile to a full mile of sprints at the gyms "track" before I swim a few laps 3 to 4 days a week. Of course I would still have a long run on Saturday where I do both.

Do you guys think that focusing on distance in the morning and speed in the evening would work? Do you think it's safe? I'm considering this because of where I run. MC's Campus is extremely hilly and there is really no way that I can manage anything other than a light jog around here. However, the campus gym has an indoor track that is totally flat. I hate running on it because it takes ten laps to make a mile, but since I wouldn't be concerned with distance, just speed, I think I can manage it.

What do y'all think?

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I think you will need to listen to your body. I will do two running workouts in a day as long as my body doesn't feel like it's falling apart. Just be mindful not to get injured by overdoing it too fast.

DebWDW said...

Be really careful in the morning, maybe just walk unless you know you're muscles are really warmed up. Speed work at night sounds great! That's what I do during the week because of time crunches. And swimming is a super workout.

Chris said...

Yeah, not a bad idea as long as both of them aren't extreme workouts. Just don't burn yourself out. :-)