Monday, November 30, 2009

215?!

Hey guys... Again, long time no see. Unfortuneatly, I come back to you with some disappointing news. I got on the scale this morning (which was probably a mistake seeing that it's the week after Thanksgiving) and it said 215! Oh well, I knew I had let my eating get out of control, and I've continued to slack off on cardio. It's just time to get back on the horse.

I jump started my race training last Wednesday (and with just 40 days to go, not a moment too soon!) with a 5 mile wog. I finished it in 1:08:05 with an average pace of 11:20. I also did a few other short distance wogs over the weekend, but nothing spectacular.

This morning, I had every intention on running. I put on my running clothes and headed out the door, only to be greeted with a monsoon. Yes, Winter has finally hit the South! So, with my morning wog canceled, I'm going to work in some cardio at the gym and hopefully some sprints as well. Today was going to be a light day anyway so I should be fine, but I sure hope that the weather is cleared up by tomorrow morning. I'm hoping to get 6 miles in!

As far as my dieting goes, I'm attempting to start doing better today. I'm on Prision Rations, ha ha! I'm cutting out all extra snacking, all natural and artificial sweetners, all extra sodium, all of my supplements (for muscle building), and all soft drinks. Hopefully by cutting out the supplements I'll save some calories and everything else will cut any water weight I may have put on. I haven't figured out what my meals will be yet, but I'll figure something out.

How is everyone? Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

Chris said...

just be careful in cutting as you may not be fuelling your body enough to manage the workouts you have planned for this month. Snacking is a great thing to cut as it's typically not great stuff anyhow. Tweaking might be more in order than throwing the baby out with the bathwater is all I'm saying. Also, since you have been putting in regular workouts then your weight should normalize pretty fast with cutting out the extra fats and reduction in overall calories (if that's what you think the issue is).

Stay safe and healthy this month! :-)

Amanda said...

Don't let the scale get you down. Remember you rule the scale not the other way around.

Sounds like you're doing okay with mileage. Keep it up and you'll do great at the 1/2 :)!

Rae! said...

WE all have fall backs. Cut the soda and sweeteners, but don't stop doing what works.
SO if it rains today, which means in the next 2 days I will get it, you can run/wog on that dreadmill, cross train. And quit using the holidays for an excuses to over eat. Smaller portions and have a little of everything!!!!
Inspiration you are. You lucky devil you, you got to run at Disneyland!!! Ahhhh I will not be in the race, but I will be out the course on my bike looking for you an the "others" I can't wait to see you!!!!
I guess I will have to start the text messaging to you and everyone??