Hi guys. Things have been a little chaotic down here (as usual it would seem) with school. That's not a bad thing. I actually enjoy what I'm doing and it keeps me busy, so I'm not complaining. However, since I haven't had my health goals at the top of my priority list, I've begun to slip. I have had no training since I've come back from Disneyland and my diet as been as bad, if not worse, as if I were on vacation. I stepped on the scale today it said that I now weigh 210 pounds. That means that I've gained over 10 pounds.
I'm not upset over that. I actually knew that this would happen. It happens every time I finish a race. I get this "I just busted my ass for 6 months so I can take a break" mentality.
Well... the vacation is over.
I am back in the gym today!
Today I did my first chest workout in nearly 3 weeks. I KNOW I'll be sore in the morning! After my morning lifting, I went and swam 5 laps in the lap pool. That was one heck of a workout! I'm hoping to get another 5 in after my cardio workout tonight. I won't get any running in today though. I still don't have my iPod (I left it at my aunt's house the night before we left for DL... so no iPod for the race. That was fun!) but it should be here early this week.
I hope everybody is doing well. I'll check in with everyones blogs at some point today and see for myself. Until then, seeeeeee ya!
3 comments:
Glad you back and settling in. :-) And yes, you did deserve a break!
The great thing is that now that your back you'll get back into the routine and the 10lbs will fly right off.
Good to see your back. Don't be a stranger. I hope school is going better this year also.
I know what you mean about after race let down! It's tough not to give yourself a break after all the hard work!
Post a Comment