Tuesday, September 8, 2009

2:46:13

Hey guys! I've made it back from Disneyland. I had a BLAST! I finished the race in 2:46:13! That's 16 minutes faster than my Renaissance Half time! I was only a minute off of my time, so I'm very pleased!

This race was pretty much like any other Disney race, and since most of you have run Disney races before, I'll skip the little details. Overall, I enjoyed this race. There was enough entertainment along the route to keep me occupied throughout. Good thing too, seeing that I left my iPod at home!

There were only a few things that I didn't like about this race (you know me... I have to bitch about something). The only "dangerous" problem I had was with it was the fact that we had to run on a bike trail along the Santa Ana "Ditch". That wouldn't be a problem usually, but in a race of this size, I found that to be a little dangerous, especially for people like me who aren't used to running on a tight, gravel surface next to a rather large ditch with jagged rocks and bolders at the bottom and along the edges.

Also, what was with all of the random "poop" smells? It seemed like every mile or so, I was getting a wiff of "poo". And finally... Why in the hell did we not get to run up Main Street? Is that not the ENTIRE point of running a Disney Race?!

Ok... just wanted to do a quick post letting you all know how I did. I'll post race pics when ever I get them and Trip reports after that.

Also, I wanted to apologize to all the TVer's that were at the race. Due to my lazy self (not listening to the podcasts, checking mail, or reading blogs) I didn't know about any of the meets except for Justin's Breakfast Meet. I keep looking for Team Voice shirts, but all I could find were WISH people. Oh well... Hopefully I'll do better in January and will get to see you all then.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Matt - you did GREAT. I'm proud of you! And so what that you didn't find us in the parks - we knew you were there!!!

Talk to you soon my friend!

MAIN STREET AWAITS!

Chris said...

Are you sure it just wasn't Pooh being pooh? :-) Pooh's poo... Pu-pu....

Gotta love poo jokes :-)

You did awesome, I got the split times on my blackberry and was cheering you on from home.

No main street? That stinks...or was that Pooh's poo....

Darn WISH people and their lime green shirts....

Jeff W said...

Congrats on your finish Matt. How much faster was your time compared to WDW?

MikeF. said...

Wait wait wait no Main Street? Really? Wow. Congrats on the finish.

Anonymous said...

but did you WALK on poo? THATS the question...

MikeF. said...

So how the hell have you been?

Amanda said...

Awesome job on the 1/2!!!! That was about the exact same time as I did in my first 1/2 at DL. I agree about the trail - I wasn't ready for it either :)!