Mongello! It is an absolutely GORGEOUS day here in Central Mississippi! Of course, I was not able to enjoy it this morning because of this dumb cold (the seasonal crap I always go through during a season change - on meds to fix it now). Doc told me to stay away from cardio for a few days so my body will heal. No worries though, I'm just glad fall is here!
Despite the doctors orders, I do intend on lifting and going swimming today, just so I can do something. It seems that all I do lately is sit in my dorm room reading about Law and Early American History. Don't get me wrong... I find it interesting and LOVE my new major, but even I can have enough of the history stuff! So, in order to save my sanity a little and to jump start the week, I'm going to go to the gym. I may not do much and don't want to over do it, but I want to go.
Chris- I thought a lot about your comment. I really couldn't think of a new plan other than what I already do. I think that as long as I DO what I'm supposed to do, I will be fine for January. I just want to increase my speed for that race, so maybe I'll just concentrate on jogging a lot more during my wogs. Maybe by January, I'll actually be jogging rather than wogging.
Disneyland reports should be up later this week. I'm supposed to be getting my Aunt's pictures (I broke my camera while at the World earlier this year) so I'll be working on that for you guys when I get them.
Also, I'm going to start back with posting semi "Daily Reports" (you know, that technical stuff that no one cares about) of my training. I'm mostly doing this for my benefit, just so I can have a "record". It's mostly for me, so y'all don't have to read it.
Well, that's it for me today. Hope everyone is doing well!
4 comments:
Hope you start to feel better. Do not push yourself too much. The goal is to get better remember not worse.
You've got the right attitude. Consider running shorter distances, but faster. It will improve cardio, and I think it gets us used to feeling that the faster pace is "normal." Just an idea!
Hey, if you don't want to listen to me, then I'm not going to post! LOL Ha, just kidding. You are right in that you gotta just "DO", so whatever gets you out the door, do it! I'm just saying that I think it helps to tailor your workout to the next race. Keeps you invigorated and excited about the next event. Like the idea of more speed work, maybe that's all the "change" you need. That or you could totally overhaul your workout, buy a new wardrobe or a fancy new car that you can't afford. Nah, then you might have to run for senate or something...and lets face it, who wants that gig... Boy, the sarcasm is flowing tonight... ha!
A little more speed to get the jogging miles up and I tell ya, you'll be loving how well you do in January. It'll give you more time to goof around with the characters on the course as well.
Glad your working on yourself through school and a cold. It's all for the best right? You're going to do great!
Post a Comment