Mongello! I know it's been forever and a day since I've updated you guys. I do (again and again and again) apologize for these hiatuses. To update you all on my life.... I started back school about a week ago. I'm in a new major (Political Science with Pre-Legal emphasis) and I LOVE IT! I actually feel like I know what the hell the professor is talking about and I can actually add something intelligent to discussions. I should have been here from the beginning.
Anyway, with the move, adjusting back to school life, working out, preparing for Disneyland and all, I've neglected my duties as a citizen in the Disney Community. Well, again I'll have to skip those for a bit longer (I am going to Disneyland after all!) but when I return, I'm getting back involved with you guys. I've only recently started listening to podcasts again (only during workouts) but have yet to get to any of your blogs or even my own. I do apologize for that. But I'll fix that when I return.
But anyway, back to the real reason for this post: I'M GOING TO DISNEYLAND!!! My aunt and I leave early Thursday morning and will return early Monday morning. So, we get 3 1/2 days at the Happiest Place on Earth. I joke with some of my friends (I have very nerdy friends...) that I finally get to make the Hajj to Disney Mecca. I am SO freakin' excited! I can't wait!!!
Here's an "outline" of what our plan is:
Thursday: At around 5:30 am, arrive at Jackson "International" Airport (only international because Jackson gets one cargo shipment from Mexico once a month... it's barely an airport by your guys standards...) and fly to Atlanta (yes... fly east to get west... that's Jackson). After we arrive we have just enough time to get breakfast then we fly across country, which is a first for me to Santa Ana...Yada Yada Yada... We Check in at the Ho Jo, then we immediately walk to Disneyland to enjoy our vacation.
Friday: This day is somewhat in dispute. We think that we're going to California Adventure on Friday, but we're not sure. If this is the case, we're planning We'll sleep in this morning then head over to DCA at rope drop. We're giving ourselves until about 3:00 to see everything here. From what I read and have heard, we won't be here that long, but we just want to give ourselves enough time to see everything. After we're done with DCA, we're going to head over to the Disneyland Hotel and pick up our packets and then look around the Hotel and Walk over to the Paradise Pier Hotel and look around there. I think that after that we'll probably go back to Disneyland.
Saturday: This will probably be our "All Day at Disneyland" Day. Here, we're planning on getting there about an hour before the Park opens. That way we can be first into the park and have the chance to run down Main Street. This is something that I've always wanted to do, ever since I was a little kid. But since WDW doesn't allow that (DL may not either, but I think the do, or at least did) I've never been able to. But now's my chance! We will then run directly to Nemo and see what that is all about. After that, everything is sketchy until 1:00, when we have Blue Bayou reservations. Monte Cristo here I come!!!
Sunday: Race Day! I'm not sure I'm ready for this race at all. Remember how unprepared I was for the Renaissance Half back in June? Well, I'm even less prepared for this one. No worries though, I'll have fun regardless, just as long as I finish. After this I'm not entirely sure what we'll do. I'm sure we'll go back to the room and rest a bit and probably go to Downtown Disney some. After that, we're back at Disneyland until close.
Monday: Come home...
I'm sure this will change as we go along. This is just a rough plan for us that we rarely follow. If you want to see exactly what we're doing and you're not already following me on Facebook or Twitter... follow me! Look me up at mattj4226 on Twitter, then you can see!
Ok... I've got to start packing. See you all when I get back!
5 comments:
Cool. See you there.
I sent you a Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend AATM/TV Schedule by email yesterday. I hope I got the right email address. See if any of those meet times work our for you.
Later dude.
Glad to hear you're heading out West, wish I could join y'all!
PoliSci ehh...I'm guessing there will be some lengthy discussion between you and the lib's!!! :-)
So glad you're getting to see the original! Have a great time and a great race! I'll be watching your tweets.
2:46:14, OUTSTANDING!!! Geez,and you made it sound like you weren't ready for the run...
Sounds like some great plans!
Post a Comment