
This is what it feels like when I walk...
During today's walk, my feet started to burn almost immediately. I tried slowing down, I tried readjusting my shoes... I tried everything that I could think of, but nothing worked. I managed to get past the fire and get in a 3 mile walk (no jogging) in 44:04 today. Still not what I want or need to be doing this close to a race, but what can I do? I have two HUGE blisters on my heels now and they still burn.
I'm going to buy some Dr. Scholl's pads for my shoes tomorrow and give that a try. I bought some for my Shox and they seemed to help with blistering some. Maybe they will help again.
I'm also going to try my old socks again. The ones I bought with the shoes are different than the old ones and seem to be thicker and made of a different material. But for $10 at Fleet Feet, you would think that they would work. I don't know...
But this could be exactly what Chris said... my feet could just be rebelling after not running steadily for a few months. If that's what it is, then it's solely my fault and hopefully my feet will get their act together soon.
With all of my whining in today's post (any one have any Brie?!), I am proud of my walk today. I was able to remain under the 15 minute mark with just walking. And other than the blisters and friction, my shoes are working great. I have zero pain in my feet, legs and back. I haven't experienced that in some time. Now... Only if I can stop them from burining my feet, they'll be perfect!
___________________________________________________
Jeff- Maybe if I soak my feet in Orange Juice and listen to Katrina stories, my feet will cool down... what do you think?
Justin- The new shoes are (and I'm reading from the box, so it may not mean anything) Saucony Progrid Hurricane 11's. As I said earlier, I love them so far... just wish my feet did.
Justin and Chris- I like your idea Justin and yes, if I had a permit, I could "pack some heat". The incident I discribed yesterday was not an isolated incident. I have seen the same kids (different groups that sometimes "play" together) do this to other people and have had it done to me a few time. They apparently get a thrill out of scaring people the way they do and I guess they know no one is going to say anything. I guess I'm making a mountain out of a mole hill, but it really does get annoying after a while. Besides, I get a little happiness whenever I can utter the phrase "Little Bike Bastards". It makes me feel good!
8 comments:
"Little Bike Bastards" - that's great and yep, I've dealt with some that are like that too. It is annoying.
Hopefully your feet will start cooling down and settle back in to a routine. I have the same problem when I speed walk, but never when I run. I think it's just the way my feet hit the pavement when I walk fast as opposed to running. Hurts though for sure!
Sorry to hear about your feet (love that picture, btw!) and Chris could be right - sounds like your feet might be rebelling a bit. If everything else is your 'old' stuff i.e. what you've been used to, it could just be your feet not used to it. But that is a great time you did for the walk - way to go!! :)
You crack me up :-) The BB crew out to get you! Hey, as I said, there are those kids that don't fall far from the tree (of which you probably wish they'd run into) in that their parents might just let them run amock thinking that self experience will ultimately guide them to the path of success. Total BS!!! There are 4 year olds in my neighborhood that run amock from morning through night with no parent checking on them. They ring our doorbell constantly making me want to ring their necks, but I realize they are 4 year olds and really don't know any better...what they really need is a parent to be there watching them to tell them that it's not polite to ring someone's doorbell 8 times when those people have another kid who sleeps during the afternoon....(mini rant of my own). I know the other parents think we're overprotective of our kids, but how can one think that a 4 year old can make rational decisions for themselves? Or fight off someone who just drives by and grabs them for the extreme case....Maybe when they are 7 or so we'll let go more, but till then we'll hang outside while our kids play...
Whew...
Watch the feet carefully though, if they don't get better as you progress back into your workout schedule (try to ease back into it) then definitely get them checked out!
Ahhh the all natural orange juice foot soak.
For an added boast of cleansing acidity, mix in a can of pineapple juice. Be sure to set aside a tall glass to mix with an ounce each of 151 and Myers Dark rum. Might as well enjoy a post wog Lapu Lapu right?
Blisters on your heals? Are you lacing up your shoes tight enough?
It sounds like your feet are moving around in your shoes quite a bit for you to get blisters like that. Holy cow. That's rough.
Jeff--Are you telling him to get drunk before or after his run? ;-)
I agree with Justin,maybe you need to take the shoes back. Maybe they are not right for you.
And those kids well Halloween is coming.....{evil grin}
So how have you been? Are we going to do another rant meet in January?
Good luck with the feet! And I just noticed your weight loss since January -- super!!
Post a Comment