Hey guys. I'm slightly irritated with myself right now. I went to the gym yesterday and stepped on the scale and it said that I had gained ANOTHER 2 lbs! I was SO mad at myself! That means that I am now at 212lbs. I can only blame myself. Last week was a very stressful week and I gave into my old habits of stress eating and I was doing absolutely no exercise to help matters.
I will do better this week. Mostly because I've put myself in Time-Out right now (I think I deserve a good, old fashioned, country ass whoopin', but that's kinda hard to do to yourself) and I WILL fix this by next week.
At any rate, that's all in the past... now I have to fix it. I did pretty well yesterday, though I did not do any cardio. I was afraid that I would over do it and my cough would start acting up. I also think I did pretty well in the food department, though you guys may disagree. Today, I'm not planning on doing any lifting (I definitley over did weights yesterday!) but I am planning on running on the indoor track at the gym and doing some other cardio.
I hope everyone is doing well... I'm trying to get caught up on blogs today, so I guess I'll find out!
3 comments:
Don't beat yourself up too badly, you might charge yourself with assault! and you don't really want that....
Anyhoo, when I'm having a bad week and doing a bit of stress eating I allow myself to do it, but I take what I would probably chow down on and cut it in half. Just enough to fill the need and limit the badness of it all. I'm all about minimizing the bad times, but do realize that they are part of the deal and need to do it every now and then. Just my own way of being a little less bad. :-)
Don't mess around with the cough/lungs too much as you don't want to prolong whatever it is you have. When you do get better, maybe up the first workout by 10-20% or something instead, just to feel like you're making up for it ;-) You know your body best though, just listen to yourself.
"What are you doing?"
"I'm kicking my ass do you mind!"
Ah, stress eating. I am so familiar with that one. Just wish I could figure out a better way to de-stress than make myself sick with food!
Kicking your own butt - sounds like a good workout by the way!
Post a Comment