Friday, April 24, 2009

Another Reason to Hate Social Gatherings

Don't get me wrong, I love being and doing things with my friends and family, but why is it that every time any of them want to do something food has to be involved? And it's never anything healthy! It always involves going to fast food joints, ice cream parlors, or restaurants that serve things that are just WAY too tempting for me to resist. It's kind of like taking a drunk to a bar!

What is this rant about? Well I'm going to be facing one of these situations tonight. A group of friends and I are going to see a show tonight, but before hand we're going to meet up at a Mexican restaurant. I could order something "healthy", but in mexican restaurants (at least around here) the "healthy" choices are always greasy and they always drown it in queso dip, hamburger meat, sauce, or something equally as fattening. I ALWAYS ask for them to leave it off or put it on the side, but they ALWAYS do it anyway. Why! Why can't they just listen to what people say?! WHY!!! I know that in some cases, the waiter and kitchen staff don't speak English well, but doesn't "NO" mean "NO" in Spanish too?! Come on people! What's the point of being in a customer "service" business if you flat refuse to listen to your customers! STUPID!!!
........

Whew! Sorry about that, I let my temper take over there for a second. But I've cooled down now. I've considered skipping out on the dinner portion of our get together, but if I do, I'll never hear the end of it. So, I guess I'll just go and try not to do to much damage. Hopefully I'll stay away from the Margaritas too. Maybe a glass of wine instead?

3 comments:

Heath said...

Yo quiero taco bell.

Rae! said...

As you notice everything runs around food. I hope you used good judgment and control and I hope you had fun!!

Amanda said...

I hope you made good choices at the Mexican restaurant. I know I have very little will power so I try to avoid those occassions whenever possible...but once in a while shouldn't undo everything you've done :)!