Hey guys. I've decided to begin consolidating Saturday and Sunday's updates into a single Weekend Update" for now on. For the most part, the weekend is my rest and recovery time. Usually, the only workouts I do on weekends are my long runs on Saturday and maybe some ab work (unless you count yard work). In these updates, I won't stick to my "Daily Update" format, where I list everything I eat and all of the workouts I do. I just don't think that that is functional for what I'm trying to do, but rest assured that I am keeping up with what I'm taking in. OK, with the explanation out of the way, here's this week's Weekend Update:
First of all, let me talk a little about Friday night. I didn't do too too bad, but I didn't do exceptionally well either. I ended up ordering a steak and shrimp chimichanga. I figured that that wouldn't be too terrible, since it has lots of veggies in it. I asked for them to put the queso dip on the side and, as usual, they put it on anyway. I stayed away from all of the sides that were included with the dish, though I did go a little over board on the chips and salsa. Also, since the friends that I went with forgot about my birthday the week before, they had ordered me a margarita. I tried to refuse it, but they had already ordered it so I drank it anyway. I got right back on the diet the next day, so I think I'll be fine.
Saturday- Today went pretty good. I kept snacking to a bare minimum and ate small meals through the day. I was hungry at the end of the day, but I was trying do some damage control. I also went on a 3 mile wog. With all of the cardio I did this week, my legs were exhausted.
Sunday- Sunday has gone well too! I felt guilty about not going for a long run yesterday like I had planned, so this morning I went for a 4 mile wog. I'm very pleased because I'm now actually able to jog a little over 1/2 mile without slowing down. And today I was able to slow jog over half of my wog. I'm taking it slow, but it looks like that if I keep this up, I may be able to jog most of the Renaissance half in June. Then if I can do that, hopefully I'll be able to jog all and maybe run a good portion of the Disneyland half! Maybe I'll reach my WDW half goal after all!
Well that's it for me. Hope you guys have a great week! Happy Training!
2 comments:
That's awesome Matt!! Keep it up and you'll reach your goals no problem...
Sounds like you did fine on Friday. Doing that once a week is actually a good idea. Don't be miserable all the time.
Keep at the wogs so they become jogs. Be consistent with your running. Build endurance. The speed comes naturally later.
Push yourself to run 3 miles with no walking by the end of May.
By sometime in July you should be running 6.55 miles with no walking. (That's half of a half marathon.) Then go from there.
Do this and you'll have a pretty good chip time at Disneyland.
Post a Comment