Saturday, April 11, 2009

2009 Run from the Sun 5K


Hi guys! I finished the race! I did it in 48 minutes exactly. Ok, that's not that great, but my aunt and cousin (who ran the race with me) signed us up for the walk, not the run. I thought that I would be able to run some, but they said that walkers could not run. I was kind of bummed, but I had a good time none the less.

Here's a link to the full story behind this race: http://www.runfromthesun.com/runfromsun.html

Basically the Run from the Sun 5K has taken place in Downtown Jackson for 6 years and proceeds from the race benefit the Leonard E. Warren Melanoma Foundation (hence the name of the race, Run FROM the Sun, haha).


The course of the race winds throughout Downtown Jackson, starting in front of the (currently under construction) United States Courthouse, then around the Coliseum and the State Fair Grounds, then various state and local government buildings, the State Captitol, the Governor's Mansion, then ending in front of City Hall. There are some nice, pretty sites to see along the route. I wish I had remembered my camera, but of course I forgot it, so you're just stuck with that plain old graphic above that means nothing to most of you, haha. Oh well, I tried.


All in all, I enjoyed this race very much and I will probably partcipate in it next year. It's a fun race that supports a good cause, so that's all I really need.

No comments: