Yep, I think that I have officially rebouned from my hiatus. And not a moment too soon! We've only got 49 days 'til the race!
On Sunday, I was able to speedwalk 5 miles (no time) with 100 situps and 50 pushups. Food was ok, it was a Sunday that I was home, so my mom cooked a big "My Baby's Leaving Me... I Better Have a Big Meal" meal, but I was able to control myself.
Today, I did a 2 mile speedwalk around campus (again, no time). Hopefully at somepoint today, I'll have time to go over to the gym and do an upperbody work out, and then do some situps and pushups.
Right now, all I'm concered with is distance. If I can get a few 13 mile walks in (before the sweep time) before January, I think I'll be ok. Hopefully I can work on speed too, but that may just have to wait until next year. We can't all have "Mike Speed" you know!
______________________________
In Other News:
Please see the last post and tell me which marathon meets you'll be doing and if there are any others that I've missed.
Lisa- From what I can tell, Jeff, Rae and I are all going to pick up our packets on Friday morning. I'm not sure of the time (we need to nail that down!) but I'm sure they wouldn't mind if you tagged along!
More Meet News- The guys over at Ranting About Politics may be having a "Rant Meet" during the marathon. No details are official yet, but if your interested in Ranting about anything (Politics, Disney, Work, Grouchy Neighbors, etc.) you're more than welcome to attend. Go over to http://mattspoliticalrants.blogspot.com/2008/11/political-rant-meet-anyone.html and tell us what you think. When would you like to have it and where?
I hope everyone is well! Please keep Jonathan and his family in your thoughts and prayers.
6 comments:
Awesome news, Matt! Glad to hear you are back on track. I can tell by your "writing voice" that you are amped about your training plan.
Way to go Matt!! We can all do this!!
Good job Matt! And no not everyone can have "me-speed". ;)
So how are are you doing?
Mr. Matt - How's the training going? That horse still running? :-)
Have a Happy Thanksgiving Matt. How have you been.
Post a Comment