Saturday, November 29, 2008

I'm Still Here

Hey Guys! I just wanted y'all to know that I haven't died or anything. I'm still riding the horse, but he's just a little slow.

I've been kind of in a recovery phase since my last post. Last time I posted, I did a 6 miler. Well, I definitely over did it. So I started taking things slow by only doing short 2 to 3 mile walks for the rest of the week.

Then last Monday, I wanted to up things a little so I did another 6 miler. Only this time on a different course around campus. This course is a lot more hilly, and has one BIG hill (sort of like the overpass). I didn't run, but I still did it in about 1:30:00.

Later that night (at 3 am), it hit! The Charley Horse from Hell!!! I was in SO much pain! I was screaming and crying for nearly an hour. I think a lot of it had to do with the new course. But I was also sweating a lot most of the day. I was in a business suit most of the morning (mock interview) and in a tux for most of the evening (Band Concert - Which we did a damn fine job if I do say so myself....). Add on top of that... I had no time to eat, except for some raisins earlier in the day.

Anyway, That damn cramp definitely took it's toll. I was limping around for 2 days after that. But, on the third day things were better so I went for a 2 mile walk.

On Thanksgiving, I went for another 3 mile stroll. However food was not good (for training that is ;-) Usually I can control what I eat. Granted with the food in the cafeteria, it's pretty easy! But with Turkey, Dressing, Mustard Greens, Baked Potato Casserole, Sweet Potato Casserole, Potato Salad, Deviled Eggs, Macaroni and Cheese, Cream Cheese Coconut Cake, Texas Cool Whip, Pumpkin Cream Pie, and Apple Pie, it's very easy to lose control!

No Training yesterday because of the weather. It rained most of the day. But it didn't matter, we spent most of the day putting up Christmas decorations. We're almost through. I'll post pictures when we're done.

Then today... I went for a 3 mile speed walk. Was able to finish with in 40:00, so that's not bad.

How's everyone else doing? I hope y'all didn't eat too much!

3 comments:

Heath said...

Glad to see you're still at it Matt. Keep it up, we're getting awfully close to "D" Day!!

Rae! said...

Banana's will help keep from charlie horse cramp.

Chris said...

Keep those smaller wogs coming, Matt. They'll pay off a month from now.