Saturday, October 4, 2008

Finally, Some Good CP News!

Mongello!

I've finally gotten some good news on several fronts.

I went to the presentation on Thursday. It was all pretty basic stuff. Things that I already knew and such. I did get the presenter, (Mitch, who is more or less over the College Program) to sign my MC paperwork for me, so I should be able to get the internship approved. Here's something funny that I noticed at the Presentation. There were so many people that had to be told the difference of Disneyland and Disney World. Some thought that they were the same, other's didn't know where they were. So I fell really good about my chances!

Then, I went to a "live interview" on Friday with Mitch. Since we talked the night before, he really didn't ask much. Just some basic Disney questions. The main point of it was for him to call Casting and set up a phone interview for me. That is on Monday at 8 pm.

When I got back, I went to the financial aid office and through much discussion (or fighting) we figured out that if I do this, my student loans will be ok and I can put my scholarships on hold until I come back. So things are starting to look fine. The worst that could happen (as of now) is that when I come home, I would have to quit band and my job and take one extra class per semester. It will be hard, but I think it will be worth it.

I'll update again once I get through with the interview on Monday... until then, TTFN!

2 comments:

[rich] said...

Awesome news! Fingers crossed for Monday, will they let you know then and there if you have a placement? When are you looking at starting? Keep us posted.

Cheers.

MikeF. said...

good luck Matt!