Thursday, October 2, 2008

A CP Related Rant

My school has screwed me again! And I've only been here for what, a month?

I went to the Registrar's office yesterday only to be told that my Disney classes would not transfer. But here's what really pissed me off. Their excuse is that the Disney classes are not regionally accredited. I tried to explain to them that they are nationally accredited, but they said that it didn't matter. Then they would not explain to me how nationally accredited isn't as good as regionally accredited. I think that's a stupid excuse. What difference does it make where the class is accredited? The point is that it is!

You should see the stack of paperwork that just MC is making me go through just to do this thing. It's almost as if they are trying to make things difficult. Then I get to this! I'm not going to let it stop me though. I'm going to try to find some classes from my old community college and take them online. Then, I'll just have to do some night classes when I get back from the CP. I WILL NOT stay here any longer than I have too (I have a feeling that's what they're trying to do).

Anyway.... I have the CP presentation this afternoon. So I guess that's something to look forward to (or get my hopes up). I'll be twittering through the day to keep you guys posted.

3 comments:

MikeF. said...

Let me know how it went. I know that we got 6 lib. arts credits for doing the program at my school, but we had to write a paper each month about a specific Disney business topic and had to get at least a 75 on each paper to get full credit. Basically all you had to do was submit a paper and you got a 75. Trust me I B.S. all of mine and I got an 85 ave.

[rich] said...

Hope it works out - sounds like it would be great.

How did the 6 miles go?

Rae! said...

Well?!?!?!?!