Friday, September 5, 2008

This Stinks!!!

Mongello!

First of all, Kudos to Karen for confirming that the video in the previous post was indeed Jack Wagner. I thought so! I'll have to make a comment on the video.

Karen- Welcome to the Blog! I'm going to add you to my "list". Hope to hear from you!

Ok... Now to what stinks:

It's the eve of my first real, honest to God race. Now guess what happens... I get a freakin' head cold! Come on! That's not fair!!! I guess it's just bad karma for all the [ranting] and moaning I do on the blogs. I'm coughing, my head hurts, my sinuses hurt. You know the symptoms. There is some sort of bug going around campus. I just hope it's not strep throat. That's the LAST thing I need.

And the 5k isn't all of it! Oh no!!! To top it all off, I have to sit through a football game later in the evening. Stupid Football!!! ;-) At least I get paid. I can "pretend" to enjoy the game if the price is right.

Anyway, I'll post my results ASAP tomorrow morning. Until then... Ciao!
______________________________

RACE RESULTS:

Good morning everyone! I just got back from my race. Inspite of the cold and the hacking cough, I managed to finish at 34:06. I KNOW I'll have shin splints, but I did "run" most of the course. There were a few times that I had to slowly walk, but for the most part I did at least jog. Ok, I've got my first race under my belt. Now I have to start training for the next one, which is on Novermber 1st.

5 comments:

Heath said...

Way to go Matt!! Congrats on getting through your first race!!

Rae! said...

What a great time!!!
Holy Cats!

Jeff W said...

Matt that's a sweet time for a 5k run. Congrats on participating in your first "official" run.

DebWDW said...

Good job, Matt!

Karen said...

Congrats on getting through the race!
Keep up the great work!

=) Karen