Sunday, August 31, 2008

Just an Update

Hey guys! I just wanted to give you all one last update before the storm hits.

Last week, I was able to wog 4 miles on Monday-Thursday and I just got back from a 6 mile wog, bringing my monthly total to 74 miles. I'm no where near the 150 miles I needed and I didn't get a picture in. And since I made up the questions, I didn't answer them. I'm going to have to do better next month.

Also, assuming all goes to plan, I have my first 5k race this Saturday. It is the "Miles for Missions 5k" at First United Methodist Church of Clinton. I signed up for the run, but if the storm mess up my routine, I may asked to be down graded to the walk. Hopefully I'll be able to train. I also have my first MC football game that evening, so it should be a pretty interesting day!

Since Gustav is on his way, I don't know when I'll be able to post again. During Katrina, the power was out for 4 days and the cable (internet) was down for nearly a week. I hope that this one won't be that bad, but you never know. We stocked up on food and supplies and filled up our gas cans yesterday, just in case. If the cell phone service holds, I'll be keeping in touch with Rae and she will relay our status to you. At first I thought people were just having post-Katrina jitters, but now I'm starting to worry a little. Brookhaven is jammed packed with evacuees from South East Louisiana. The boulevard (where all the commercial areas are - it's also next to the interstate) looks like a refuge village.

I'll post when I can, until then see ya!

2 comments:

Rae! said...

Ok Matt, On call 24/7!! I hope all goes well and stay away from the windows please!

I will be up watching the weather people getting pelted!!
That is why I like to watch the storm reports those people will stay out there when they know they should be inside.

MikeF. said...

Matt for gods sake be safe. I do expect a rant about this after all is said and done.