Saturday, August 2, 2008

I tried!

I had EVERY intention on running a full 13.1 miles today. But this blasted heat kept me from it. I went at 6:00 this evening (my usual time), thinking that since the sun would be going down, it might be cooler. WRONG! There were no clouds and no breeze (except for the one that was like someone was breathing on you). It was like running in a sauna. No, I take that back. At least a sauna doesn't have this damn humidity! Needless to say, I didn't even come close to making my goal. I only got 2 miles in before I said "To hell with this! Oh wait, I'm already there!!!".

So, I AM GOING to get up early tomorrow and finish what I started. I'm hoping that I can get up around 5ish to 6ish am (before the pits of hell burst open) and get my 13.1 miles in then. Then I can say that I accomplished my July goal! A little late but completed none the less.

I'll keep you all posted...

1 comment:

MikeF. said...

Matt you always seem to make me laugh. Too Funny.