Friday, August 8, 2008

Beijing 2008 is Here!

同一个世界同一个梦想
One World, One Dream
Mongello! The Olympics are here. Are any of you going to watch the games? I'm only planning to watch the Opening and Closing Ceremonies and maybe some of the Fencing and Swimming matches, but other than that I'm not planning on watching any of the others. I kind of have bitter political reasons for not liking the olympiad being held in Beijing. Kind of like having the 1936 Games in Berlin, but I digess. I guess I'm too political for my own good.
Anyway, Deb asked me to give details on how my Donald run went so I'll try to answer her questions. I felt pretty good up until about mile 6, then my knees starting to hurt so I slowed down and started feeling better at about mile 8. After that, I felt great. I only stopped twice, but that was just long enough to tie my shoes. Speed varied from strolling to full running.
I've lost another 2 lbs! I'm now at 208!!! I haven't been in the 200's in about 3 years! YAY!!!
Next stop, 190's.
Good luck everyone in tomorrow's Cornfest!!!

4 comments:

Rae! said...

I won't watch the Olympics because of the way the country did their very own citizens to have it there.:(

Another 2 pounds sweet!!!!!
And you ran most of the 13 miles wow!!!

Good luck at the Cornfest!!!!

MikeF. said...

Great job on the weightloss Matt. Good luck at the CornFest.

DebWDW said...

Congrats on the 200s. Thx for the run details. Did you LOVE the Opening Ceremonies?!! I was amazed at the segments where they had 2,008 people all choreographed. Wow!

Heath said...

Nice job on the weight loss Matt!! Way to stick to it!! I did catch the opening ceremonies last night, some of that stuff was incredible.