First off, let me correct something I said yesterday. My blisters turned black not my feet. Sorry Rae, I just caught that! That would have been a little freaky! Mom says there's nothing to worry about, just a few blood blisters.
Ok with that out of the way, on to the good news. I FINALLY broke through my 3 month plateau. I am now at 218!!! I'm SO happy. That stupid plateau has been one of the causes of my slight depression and lack of enthusiasm for the past month. Sorry if I've been a little uncommited. But it looks like things are finally looking up.
Second, I found several races. I put up a list in the sidebar if your interested.
Now for an update:
Food was good today. I pretty much only had fruit for breakfast and lunch, but for dinner I made some homemade cajun gumbo. Very good if I do say so myself. I used lots of veggies, brown rice, lean sausage, and chicken (with lots of pepper of course) so it was pretty healthy.
I also started an new training regimen today. I warm up by walking a 1/2 mile, then jog 1/4 mi, then powerwalk 1/4 mi. I'll repeat this until I've reached my goal for the day. This way I can get more running miles in without killing myself. Today, I did 5 miles like this and felt really good afterward. I'm going to stick with this for a while.
Thanks again Deb for the vaseline tip. I used it today and worked perfectly. Feet didn't hurt at all!
See ya!
____________________
P.S. If you would like to post on my ranting blog as yourself, let me know and I will give you "author status"
5 comments:
Congrats on breaking through the plateau. I agree they can be discouraging.
Did you say Cajun food? Wait let me go grab a plate. That sounds good.
Take care of your feet.
WOW!!! A half before the half? Sweet!!!
Good job on today. And the blisters I did that too. I had on the wrong socks!! I am glad you are making progress again!!!!
Feels good !!!
Great news, way to go Matt!!
Hey Matt!!!
Guess what I received today? Thanks!!!
Well how are things going ??????
Post a Comment