Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Not Exactly What I was Hoping For...

Tonight I am blogging from a hospital room. My mom had emergency gallbladder surgery today. She hasn't been feeling well the past couple of nights and this morning she finally went to the doctor. He sent her to the hospital (the sameones who just a few weeks ago said that there was nothing wrong with her gallbladder - bunch of quacks) for an ultrasound an they discovered that her gallbladder was "eat up" (to quote my dad) with gallstones. So they operated and removed it. Pretty routine but still it's surgery. Anyway, she's resting and everything seems to be going fine now. Big relief.

Through all of that, I was able to do 6 miles today since the Hospital is right across the street from the park I walk at. Still no situps or pushups, but I'll do double tomorrow.

See y'all later!

You guys aren't going to believe this....
You know how in hospitals, they won't let you have cell phones. Well, because of this I left my phone in the car. When I got back to the car, I had a missed call from a strange number (00000123456) and a voice mail. Guess who the v-mail was from. That's right, Jonathan and Bryan. Yes, I missed their call AGAIN!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS!!! I'm so mad at myself right now!

Jonathan and Bryan- If you reading this, I am SO Sorry! Please try one more time!

5 comments:

MikeF. said...

I hope your mom has a speedy recovery. And you were probably the only person in that hospital with out their cell phone. haha

Chris said...

Ahh the cholecystectomy, I know it all to well! Hopefully for her they were able to do it laproscopically! My scars are still a little visible, but for the most part are gone! Hopefully she wasn't feeling the gallbladder "attacks"...it feels like someone is squeezing the life out of you for hours on end! I had a 3 hour attack once...not good...

Anyhoo, hope she's doing well now! I recovered in a couple of days, just amazing.

You missed the call AGAIN!!! LOL You best be sitting with your phone in your hands next Tuesday night!!! LOL

Heath said...

Hope your mom has a quick recovery Matt. I think you're gonna end up on the AATM Do-Not-Call list...just kidding. Sounds like you've had a streak of bad luck lately...I'm sure you're ready for a turn around. Any witch doctors out there in MS??

Rae! said...

I am glad your Mom's doctor got to the bottom of the problem. I hope she gets well soon!

DebWDW said...

I'm so glad your mom came through in good shape!! And yes, I'm sure they will give you a pass on call #2!