Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Just an Update

Mongello guys!

Things are somewhat back to normal today. Mom is home and is doing well, although she feels like crap, which is completely understandable. She has had only one "attack" before, while the rest of us were in D.C. The quacks at "King Slaughters" (Play on words - Brookhaven's hosptials name is King's Daughters - A bunch of morons work there) said that she only had a panic attack and that nothing was wrong with her gallbladder. Well they were wrong, big suprise.

Heath- I wish we did have witch doctors here in MS. I would trust them more!

Well anyway it's all over and she should be back to her old self in a couple of days.

On the training front- I only went 3 miles today. I went to the park too early (5:30 pm) and the heat and humidity really started to get to me. I was dead by mile 2 1/2, and was only able to get out another 1/2 mile.

I've been playing around with times, looks like 6:30 is about the right time.

I did 83 situps and 30 pushups and jumped rope for 15 minutes.

How's everybody else doing?

3 comments:

Chris said...

Glad to hear your Mom is out and progressing well. My first day out of the hospital was pretty bad, but I think it was more due to the pain meds than anything else. Once I stopped taking them I recovered pretty quickly. The hardest part of the recovery.....showering!!! LOL

Good workout, glad to hear you're getting back in the swing of things.

Rae! said...

Home is good!!!! Now she will have to watch what she eats or she will have an upset stomach alot.
I bet you feel better too. Good job on the exercise too!!!!

Princess Fee said...

Hi Matt - thanks for dropping by my pages, and great to be introduced to another Team Voice Member!
Glad to hear that your Mom is now back home - I always think home is better than hospital...
And great workout - I don't envy you guys having to train in the humidity - we don't get good enough weather all the time here to have that problem! Just the rain... lol