Mongello guys! I made it back from Atlanta yesterday. The conference was pretty uneventful. Mostly the competion (I didn't place), a few workshops and seminars, and a big "shindig" (which i didn't go to)
Funny story since I'm talking about the conference: I was my local chapter's voting delegate, so anytime there was a voting meeting, I had to go. Well, I when I went to the Southern Region's Meeting, I didn't know that we had to sit together by state. I ended up sitting in the Florida section. When they found out where I was from, they would either ask me "How fast can you say Mississippi?" or they would say "I can spell that!" or "I drove through there once!". It got annoying after a while. But funny now that I look back at it. Is this what I have to look forward to when I move to Florida?
Anyway, I only did two fun things while in Atlanta. I went on the "Inside CNN" Tour and I went to the World of Coca-Cola. That was really cool and was on par to a Disney operation. I even made my touring buddies try the Beverly (you know that awful tasting drink from Italy in Club Cool). I have pictures if anyone wants to see.
As far as training was concerned... Nothing went the way I had intended it.
First of all, I went for a run on the Dreadmill (I'm not about to go for a run in downtown Atlanta) and did something to my leg. So bad that I had to call a taxi to take me places that I normally would have walked. I was limping everywhere else. Still hurts a little. If it keeps up, I'm going to go get it looked at.
Second, on the second night of the trip, we all ate at Hard Rock and I ate something that didn't quite agree with me. So I spent most of that night "sick".
And on top of that, I didn't get much sleep.
Meals weren't too bad, after the Hard Rock incident, I didn't feel like eating much and when I did, it was only a little bit.
I gave myself a clean slate today. We'll see how it goes!
3 comments:
All sounds good except the Hard Rock part. My trainer said eating out is hard and she said while out pick one meal a day and do not worry about that one meal. And that doesn't mean go over board either.
I hope your leg starts to feel better. Glad to hear from you!!!!
Wanna second frame?? lol
Great to hear from you, Matt. I tell ya, I was NEVER this injured before I started to run! LOL
Oh, and how DO you spell Mississippi? :-)
Post a Comment