Thursday, May 1, 2008

It's Finally Over!!!

The Month of a Million Miles is finally over! Yippee!!!! Yesterday, I "stwogged" (mix of a stroll, walk and a jog) 3 miles at the park and 2 miles on the elliptical. I also did 30 situps and 15 pushups.

As far as I can tell, I walked somewhat everyday in April, so I guess that means that I completed that part of the challenge. I'm not exactly sure of my total mileage because I didn't record them everyday. I'll go back and estimate what I did for the month so that Rae can add them to her "Year of a Million Miles" tally over at her blog.

Diet for the past few days went pretty well. I've mostly stuck to fruits and vegetables with some protien. I haven't figured out points, but I promise I'll start back with them this week. I think Heath and I have both decided to really start concentrating on our diets this month.

Quick question then I'll stop rambling: Explain to me exactly what this month's challenge is. I don't understand what we're doing. Is there a situp/pushup challenge? Is there a certain mileage?

No training today. My feet needed a day off! Back out there tomorrow though!

See Y'all!

6 comments:

MikeF. said...

Matt,

The May challenge is at least 15 days of 30 mins. of running or more. Focus on the word at least. Meaning you can do more. I am not a fan of this one because this is not a real challenge for most of us.

Matt said...

Ok. I'm probably going to stick to what I normally do (4 miles = 4 days a week; 8 miles = 1 day a week).

That sounds kind of low to me. Maybe, they're just giving us the month off since we had to go everyday last month.

[rich] said...

Well done on :-) I say the sit ups should stay even if it isn't n the challenge and 15 days - easy... keep up the pace from last month and you can't go wrong. ;-)

Chris said...

Maybe May should be "Make your own challenge month".... I'm going for an increase in run miles, and want to at least one 10 mile run in. Push up/Sit ups, I'm shooting for 1600 of each, just based on what I've done for the past two months.

Potpourri month! WooHoo!

Good luck with your finals!

Rae! said...

What you have been doing for training is the same thing. But you need to start to add in more mileage. Hills is a must. Sit ups and push ups challenge never goes away, 1600 is a good ole round number too.
from what I have learned about this race is hills will be a must.The over passes are hard. And the last one is killer.

DisHippy said...

Matt I am really diggin that new head banner. Nice picture as usual. Where are some of your favorites places to take photos from? Angles and what not. I want to make sure I get some good pictures when I go down there in 27 days! Talk to you later.