As of right now, I am officially running in the 2009 WDW 1/2 Marathon! I'm so excited!!!
If you are considering entering into the race, you better hurry! The Half Marathon is already booked to 65% and the Goofy Challenge is booked to 95%. I did buy a pin, but I didn't buy the CampionChip. Was this something that I should have bought?
5 comments:
The Champion Chip is really an option. It can be used to give you a more accurate reading of your time from start to finish. When you see the finish line clock it represents the overall timing of the race.
One thing about a race like this is, we will all be starting off as a large group.(a very large group) Once the clock starts it will take a little bit to reach that line.
If you have a chip it will send a signal that indicates you crossed the line. Same thing with the finish. Now you don't have to purchase one. I 'believe' you can rent them at check in. The information that comes with the chip says it an be used at other other running events. You just need to see if that event uses the technology.
I only purchased one as a souvenir. But I will use it. I will also be using my Garmin 201.
If I remember I will put up a pic of the chip on my blog later tonight.
Congrats on registering.
Thanks!
I was going to buy one as a souvenir but $30 "ish " was kind of steep considering that I'll get a medal when (or if) I finish, so I got the pin instead.
I agree about price. I feel it was a bit steep too. I did post that pic over on Tundra tonight.
If? There are no ifs only dos
You can do this.
Yeah wooo hooooo you registered!!!!! The will give you a chip to wear at the race but you have to return it or they will charge you 30 dollars for it.
BTW it's 65% full for the half and the Goofy is full.
You will finish if I have to drag you like E had to drag me in the TOT 13k!!!!!Last 2 miles were nasty fro me. :) I will be wearing my Garmin as well. I have to get the foot piece so it will track my miles and calories.
How do the Garmins work? Are they tied to the ones for your car? I'm supposed to get one before I transfer in the fall. I might could just use that if I have to. In all honesty though, I only care about finishing than I do keeping up with my time.
Post a Comment