Am I the only one who thinks that this is a bad idea? Ok, I admit it, I personally despise Idol and I'm still kind of peeved that Disney took out my beloved Who Wants to be a Millionaire, but I still can't see how this is a good idea. First of all, Idol is not even a Disney show. Second , what happens if Idol's popularity falls? Then (just like with Millionaire's case) Disney is stuck with an Idol based attraction in their park that they will have close, demolish, and re-imagineer. Finally, it's not like people will be able to just walk in and sing. My understanding is that the auditioner will have to register, try out in front of judges, be screened, and then they can sing in front of the audience.
Ok, I'm feeling better now. I'm glad I got that out of my system.
3 comments:
I heard this on AATM today. I tend to share your feelings. I can only imagine someone standing up there singing in front of all those people and getting booed. How humiliating.
Now that I would watch! LOL. It's almost like watching NASCAR for the crash.
I'm not a fan, but I don't mind them adding it to an empty building. There ARE Idol fans who are Disney fans, so it will be a nice treat for them.
Post a Comment