Wednesday, September 12, 2012

It's Official!


Yes, the rumors are true! I am now officially registered for the Dopey! For those who don't know, that means that beginning Friday, January 11th through Sunday, January 13th, I will be running a 5K, a Half Marathon and my very first Full Marathon.

As most of you know, I've been toying with the notion of doing the Goofy for a few years now, but have never been able to make it work. I would talk myself out of it, or circumstances would prevent me from doing it. I almost talked myself out of it again. In fact, I had. My original plan was to only do the Full Marathon at Disney and do the Mississippi Blues Half Marathon in Jackson, which is the week before. But, because I messed up my registration and signed up for the Half instead, and the full was closed, I had no choice but to go Goofy. Then, because De'Dee is both evil and awesome, she talked me into adding the 5K on to it.

Training for me has been very hit or miss lately. I've taken up a new adventure, and moved out to Colorado for a few months. The altitude has me to the point that I can't even walk down the hall without losing my breath and the job has me extremely busy. But I've been trying to stay consistent and now that I know things are official, I've been doing much better. I even got up at 4 am the other morning just so I could squeeze a run in.

This is going to be a difficult challenge for me, but, as Walt Disney would say, "It's kind of fun to do the impossible!"

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Go Matt - so excited for you. No worries, I'll be there to drag you along if you need it, but I'm sure you'll be way faster than I will!

Keep up the training!

Chris said...

Get your training on, man! Remember that the race is all but run before you cross the strt line ;-)

Love the look of the new Mickey merch!