Last week started out very well. I began with a light, full-body workout on Monday and a 45 minute wog on Tuesday. But with going home to Brookhaven on Wednesday and all that went with that, plus the trip to Dallas, I slipped. But, I still managed to really watch what I ate. I just regret that I didn't fulfill my training goals.
Then, this week I began a new job. So that interfered with training consistency as I readjusted my routine. But I still managed to get some inconsistent workouts and wogs in. Nothing big, but enough to keep myself in the groove of training.
Food intake for this week went fairly well. I'm still having trouble resisting cravings. Granted, I really didn't try to resist them.
This week, it is my intent to begin the Jeff Galloway training plans. Right now, I'm going to focus on the half marathon training schedule, since the Goofy training schedule won't start until mid-June. That way, I'm getting back into running without killing myself... just yet. I'm also going to start some moderate strength training too. Nothing big, just some basic stuff that I can do at home (situps, pushups, dumbells, resistance bands, etc.). I am going to join a gym eventually, but I want to wait just a little bit before committing money that could be spent else where.
I do have to say that I feel much better than I did a few weeks ago. My clothes are starting to fit a little looser, I have more energy, and I feel better about myself over all. I feel that this will be a success. I just need all of your support! Hope you're all doing well. Happy training!
1 comment:
Congratulations on the job! Hope you're loving it.
You've got a good start and it will only get better.
I'm having nothing but trouble right now, but I'm working on it :)!
Let me know if you need me to help with anything.
Post a Comment