Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Marathon Weekend 2012 - Day 5: Disneyland Rio de Janeiro

Today was our last day in the World, so we spent it at the Magic Kingdom, since I like to end every trip there. We get to the bus stop at the Resort and there is a line that was at least five buses deep. It was so long that we contemplated just going back to Epcot and skipping the Magic Kingdom all together. We got at the bus stop around 8:00 and didn't make it through the gates until 9:15. When we did, we figured out that the entire nation of Brazil was in the Magic Kingdom. I don't know what the deal was, but the Touring Plan's Crowd Calendar lied big time.But we pressed on and saw much of the park. Not all the little things like we wanted, but we still enjoyed ourselves.

Around 4:00 or so, De'Dee joined us for a Dole Whip (I only had one this trip... what???), then we wondered around the park, seeing what De'Dee wanted to see. Then around 6:30 or so, we made our way over to the hub and staked out our spot for that night's parade, shows, and fireworks. We really enjoyed it all and De'Dee and Teresa were in awe over "The Magic, The Memories, and You" show.

After the fireworks, Teresa and De'Dee went on back to the resort and I walked around solo for my "Goodbye" walk around the park. I had 15 minutes and was able to squeeze in a ride on The Haunted Mansion and it's a small world (which pissed Teresa off something awful). After 9:00 hit, the park was closed, but I was still able to walk around the park and do some shopping and stretch my time out to 10:00. That's really a fun way to end a trip.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Sounds like a whole lot better day than I had. I didn't leave my room - ugh!