Today was a lot of fun for Teresa and I. We began our day at Epcot all the while getting race updates from De'Dee. We got into the park and rode Soarin' a few times. The we wandered around the park until De'Dee's ETA at Epcot and we got to watch the race from MouseGear. That was a lot of fun for me. It let me have a little bit of the race experience even though I didn't participate. It also gave me some inspiration for next year. If some of those people can finish a full marathon, well then by God, I sure the hell can!
After De'Dee passed us, I ran over to the Family Reunion area and met up with my grandparents and De'Dee so I could congratulate her. She was dead tired, but she looked good. I'm so very proud of her and Justin, Amanda, and Chris for all finishing the Goofy! You're all an inspiration to me.
After all of the race stuff was finished, Teresa and I finished up Future World, then walked around World Showcase. After that we hopped on the monorail and headed to the Polynesian.
There we met up with Jeff, Trace, Amanda, and Justin and his crew and ate at 'Ohana for dinner. It was a wonderful time and we all had a blast. I'll be posting a restaurant review on 'Ohana soon.
After dinner we all headed over to the Magic Kingdom and enjoyed a few hours of "Extra Magic Hours" time.
First we rode The Jungle Cruise and had one of the best Skippers I have ever had on the attraction. She was very into the part, very funny and just had fun. When a Cast Member is enjoying themselves along with the guests, it makes for a much more magical experience. Sadly I don't remember the Skipper's name so if any of you guys can remember, please let me know. I'd like to email Disney and compliment her.
After Jungle Cruise, we all headed over to The Pirates of the Caribbean. This is not normally a scary ride, but I have to say that I was pretty freaked out by this particular trip aboard the attraction. The bottom of the boat kept dragging across the bottom of the track, the boats behind us kept crashing into us, and water was less than an inch from the top of the boat. I did get a little panicky on board, but it did soon correct itself. But I was very freaked out by it.
Afterward, everyone slowly began drifting away from the group and by the time the park was closed, it was just Justin and Amanda with us. We all throughput enjoyed each other's company. Teresa loves you all and can't wait to become more involved with Team Voice. And of course, I love you all too!
1 comment:
If I can do the Goofy, you can do the Goofy - get to training boy :)!
O'Hana was a blast - good food and great (entertaining) company.
Yes, Pirates was quite an experience with the whole dragging bottom situation.
It was a great way to end Marathon Day that's for sure...
Post a Comment