Monday, November 15, 2010

Long Time, No See

Hey guys! Just wanted to let you guys in on what's happened to me over the past few weeks. First off, I haven't been on the blog or on any other blogs because my Compaq P.O.S. finally died. Not just crashed... she dead. I could replace the hard drive in it among other things, but it will inevitably die again. Besides, I was sick of that piece of crap anyway. So I am computerless for now. I'm in the library now just so I can keep up with all those things that I have to do with a computer. Thank God I have the iPhone! Otherwise I'd be totally lost!

In other news, I've had a lot of developments happen in my absence. I'm still on track to graduate in December (Hallelujah, praise Jesus) and I start a new "career" job in January at Sen. Cochran's Jackson office. I'm really excited about that!

I've also had a slight change in my career choice. As of right now, I am not going to law school. The more that I think about it, the less and less that I feel that law is the path that I should go down. I still think it would be exciting and that I would do well with it, but I just don't think that it's "my dream". So, instead, I'm going to work full time in the political field (plenty of opportunities this year since it's a state wide election year) and go to school part time to get a masters, probably in Political Science and/or Communications. Politics was always where I wanted to go so I'm not changing my goals, simply changing how I reach it.

Well that's pretty much it from me. I'm still waiting on De'Dee to send me the pictures from October so when she does, I'll get on to my picture post and reviews of Not So Scary, Whispering Canyon and the Brown Derby. In the mean time, I'm going to try my best to finish up the trip reports and Club 8 updates.

2 comments:

Rae! said...

You have been busy. All sounds well. Send me the buddy list, so we can change it up.

Other than all of that, how are you doing??

Amanda said...

Smart Matt - knowing your dream and changing your course to reach it is certainly a good choice and you're going to do great.

Almost graduated - that's awesome too!

I'd love to get some of your pictures from October when you get to it :)!

Hang in there and stay sane!