Saturday, August 21, 2010

Look Familiar?

Watch this clip from "The Andy Griffith Show" starting at 3:35. Does this scene look familiar to you?



I was watching "Barney's Bloodhound" today on TV Land with my family and saw this. I just started laughing and said "Hey! They totally ripped this off from Pirates!". Of course my Disney cynic dad had to point out "Well, they probably ripped that off from this." So, I had to prove him wrong. But, I couldn't.

Pirates of the Caribbean debuted at Disneyland in 1967, placing true development probably in the early 60s. "Barney's Bloodhound" came out in late 1964, which means the episode was probably written in early to mid '64. So.. I didn't know what to say. What do you guys think? Mere coincidence? Or a little idea swapping?

3 comments:

Chris said...

Okay, so I'm watching the clip and my 5 year old daughter walks over behind me and say's "is this from Pirates?" I had to laugh out loud. So, there ya have it Matt, all the proof you need! :-)

Amanda said...

Probably coincidence, but you never know...It did make me smile though :)!

Justin said...

"Can't you reach any further you stub wing bilge rat?"

If someone had said that, there would be no doubt.