Hi guys! While looking around on the internet looking for races and such I just had a thought. I know for a fact that I am doing the Wine and Dine (or Wine and Cheese as my grandmother calls it). Well, about two weeks later there should be a full marathon here in Jackson. They had it last year but they haven't posted anything about a new one this year. Assuming that they have it, I'm thinking about doing it. That would be the perfect test to see if the Goofy is something I can do. The two races aren't back to back per se, but they are pretty damn close. If I can't do this, I know I can't do the Goofy.
Speaking of the Goofy, I'm still unsure about the Goofy in January. I'm not even sure I'll be able to make it down. I'm seriously considering skipping this January and going all out in 2012. I still haven't decided, but I just wanted to let you guys know that there is more than a 50% chance that I won't be there this year. The reason is simply finances. I just don't think I can afford a trip in October and turn right around and go again in January. I've thought about a quick trip, but that just won't work for me. If I'm in Disney, I have to GO to Disney. There is no way around that!
There is another full marathon in Downtown Jackson that is usually held the same weekend as the WDW half. If I don't go to Disney, then I will for sure do that race and then do a lone half marathon the next day, that way I can still do "a Goofy", even if it's not "THE Goofy".
How's everyone doing? I'm holding in there... Diet has been doing pretty well but training sucks. Should be getting to the gym here in a little while so hopefully I can get something in today.
2 comments:
I'm looking for a full marathon sometime in October as well. For me, it has to be local. I have the DL 1/2 in Sept and Wine & Dine 1/2 in Oct - both trips I'm doing as short and cheap as I can do without being miserable.
I'd like a full marathon to test myself as well. If I can't find one I'll be doing my own full around home. I just know I have to do it.
You've got a lot going on with school and everything. If you can't make the Goofy in Jan - no sweat - you'll get there when you can. Just train for it as if you're going to do it and it will still be good for you.
Good luck with your decisions and keep going!
Well at least we can see you in October! And you will be missed in Jan.I will make sure I am twitting then too.
SO when is the full in October?
Post a Comment