Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Just a Few Announcements

Hey guys! Just wanted to fill you guys in on some things that I've decided to do to. Here they go:

1. I've mentioned this on some blogs and many of you know already, but to make it official, I have decided that I am going to train for the 2011 Goofy Challenge. Notice that I said train. I'm still unsure what will be going on next January since it should be my first semester of Law School and I'm not sure if finances will hold up. But, assuming that all works out, I will be down there participating in the race. If they don't, then no worries, I'm still going to do the training!

2. Again, scheduling and finances permitting, "I" will not be running in the Princess Half Marathon, but my cousin who is registered but can't make it will be!

3. I am going to try my best to be in the World for the Wine and Dine Half Marathon in October. This race seems very cool and it's during a time of year that I have never been, so I'm really looking forward to this race.

4. This is the main announcement I wanted to make today. I have decided to join in with Jonathan, Justin, Chris, Mike, Trace, and Jeff and run to a Disney Park in one year. Since everyone else lives on the opposite side of the country from WDW and I'm not all that far away, I've decided to run to Disneyland. For me that will be 1,874 miles. Now... I am going to try to get there by December 31, but if I don't make it, I'm not going to beat myself up. I'll get there when I get there, haha!

5 comments:

Chris said...

Going to be tough with Law school and all next Jan. So it's more of a finance thing and not a missing class thing though, right? Wasn't sure if you were planning on a winter session or if they just start early.

Anyhoo, great job over the weekend with the family AND the race.

Amanda said...

You'll like the Princess Half - it's a good race at a good time of year.

I'm going to try the "run" to Disney too. It's around 1800 miles for me as well.

I do hope you'll be able to make it to do Goofy next year!

Princess Fee said...

Good luck with all your plans - I would like to run to a Disney park, but I can't find out how much it is because of the sea... I will keep googling though! And fingers crossed for you to do Goofy next year! Maybe I'll get to do it one year...

Jeff W said...

Best wishes on reaching your goals this year.

Word verification for this comment was "wookpo" very odd.

Rae! said...

OK So are you running the Princess
??
Law school is more important. Goofy isn't going anywhere. I am not sure if I will make the Goofy either.

So are u running the Princess? Should I be making plans to Run up?