Sunday, January 3, 2010

It's Almost Time!!!

MONGELLO!!! I will be leaving for Walt Disney World tomorrow and I am SO FRICKIN' EXCITED!!! So much so that I'm writing a pre-trip report at 3 am... oh well, here it goes.

Monday- Head out around 12ish (as soon as my mom gets off work) and drive as far as possible. We're hoping to make it to at least Tallahassee if not farther.

Tuesday- Leave where ever we make it to, head south through the famed former orange groves of Central Florida and arrive at Pop Century and check in at around 3 or so. (Who else is staying here?)

After we check in, we'll head over to the Magic Kingdom and ride the monorail. We have a tradition in our family where we will do this when we don't have time to go to a park but do have some time to kill. We'll get to the TTC and ride the Epcot monorail round trip and then get on the Resort Monorail and Resort hop. This time though we have to get off at the Magic Kingdom and ride the ferry over to the Wilderness Lodge and show him that Resort as he has never seen it (he hasn't been in over 15 years).

After all that, if there is time, wonder over to Downtown Disney West Side and eat dinner at House of Blues, then meander around until we reach the Marketplace then head back to the hotel and crash.

Wednesday- FIRST PARK DAY! I always like to start my Disney vacations at the Magic Kingdom. It just feels right to me. So my parents and I will be here at rope drop and spend a good portion of the day there. At some point that afternoon we're going to hit Animal Kingdom since they are having evening Extra Magic Hours that night. Hopefully we'll get to do everything that we want to do here then.

Thrusday- I really think that this day will be my "free day". I really have nothing planned and I'm ditching the family! I may possibly do Epcot as I really don't mind doing this park solo. I do have ADRs with the family at Chef Mickey's for 5:30 that I do intend on keeping (as I've never been there), but other than that, I'll be free. So shoot me a text and maybe a group of us can hang out some.

Friday- This will probably be Expo Day for us. Since most of us (except for me and my aunt) are running our first half, I have to attempt to get navigate my family through Packet Pickup and the Expo (I say attempt because ordering your parents and grandparents around for their benefit is like herding cats... and they say children are difficult...) I have no idea how long this will take, but I'm hoping that we'll get there at opening and be in and out.

After that I may ditch the family again. If my aunt comes solo, I will more than likely be with her, but if not, I may be solo again, so text me and maybe we can hangout again. I have ADRs for Coral Reef at 4:25, but I'm thinking of canceling. I haven't decided yet. Yeah the idea of dining in an aquarium room sound cool, but I'm not that big on "fancy" seafood. Give me fried catfish any day!

Saturday- RACE DAY! We all know the drill, so it doesn't need to be mentioned here!

After the race, again, assuming that my aunt is there solo, Her and I intend on drinking around the world again. We did this in June and had a blast! We'll probably head straight back to the room after the race to change then head right back to Epcot for this.

After I'm completely s***faced (haha, not really, we share everything so I'm tipsy at the worst) I'm hoping that I can find my way over to Aloha Isle in the Magic Kingdom for the Dole Whip Meet and then the Jungle Cruise Meet. Again, assuming that I can be released from my cat herding job I should be there and hopefully get to see all of you for sure there.

At 7:00 I have ADRs at 'Ohana, so I'll hop on the Monorail, get to the Poly, fill up then head right back to the Magic Kingdom and hopefully catch Spectro and Wishes before calling it a night. This is my last night in the World, so I may skip 'Ohana so I can spend more time in the parks, but their food is so good! It's a hard decision!

Sunday- Hop on Magical Express and fly back to Redneck Hell...

6 comments:

MikeF. said...

I can not believe you have never been to Chef Mickey's!!!! I have never had lunch or dinner there. But I have had many a breakfasts there. I love love love this place.

Chris said...

Same as Mike, we've done breakfast there a few times and had great experiences. As long as you're not looking for the quiet relaxing place to eat...LOL

Have a safe trip out and enjoy the week. We won't be there till Thursday and will probably hit the expo right off and then to MK. After that, not totally sure...may make Yee-Haw Bob, but not 100% yet on it.

Amanda said...

Cat herding - love it :)! Sounds like you have a pretty good plan for this trip.

Safe travels tomorrow. See you soon!

Justin said...

We don't arrive until Friday. Missed you at Disneyland this Summer. Can't let that happen again. See you on Saturday, either before or after the half.

Princess Fee said...

What a great trip you have planned - have a fantastic time and I look forward to hearing all about it afterwards. Good Luck with the race!

[rich] said...

Have a great trip and hope everyone has a great race!