Thursday, December 31, 2009

Resolutions for 2010

Since it’s the beginning of a new year, I thought it would be fun to post a “Resolutions” post. I make a list every year and usually fall short of them. However, this year’s list is different in that it consists of things that I either have to do or really want to do, so I see no reason why I shouldn’t be able to reach them this year. Here they are:

Get Healthy- I will have to say that I made some pretty strong advances in this area. Though I haven’t lived up to my standard at the end of 2009, I made some great attempts to do so and learned a lot. Now, I just need to learn to control my stress eating and divert that habit to something more healthy. I made a complete list of my

fitness goals
for 2010 over on my fitness blog. Check it out and let me know if it’s plausible!

Control my laziness- If I have learned one thing this year, its that I’m LAZY! You don’t have to ask me once to put things off. My laziness has caused me some big problems in all areas of my life and it has to stop.

Pass the LSAT and get accepted into Law School- This was a resolution for last year, but since I changed my major and had to stay an extra semester, I decided to hold off on the LSAT for a while. But now it’s time to take it. I’m sure I’ll do fine, but naturally I’m freaking out… both for the test and the application process. I’ve got LSAT for Dummies and The Princeton Review: LSAT study guides and I’m taking a review class for it so hopefully that will relieve some stress. Not sure when I’m taking it yet, but I will for sure let you all know.

Network more- As I mentioned in a previous post, I feel kinda guilty about not keeping up with you guys and the rest of the Disney community as I should. I’m attempting to remedy and have made some pretty good progress over the past week. I’ve almost caught up with podcasts, I’ve begun blogging a great deal more than I have been, I’ve read everyone’s blogs and tried to comment when possible, and I’ve even begun venturing back into the forums some. Now only if I could get DisFriends to cooperate with me, I’ll be set!

Run More- After the 2009 WDW half, I really began slacking off on my running. I want to change that for 2010. I’ve got a few tricks up my sleeve to achieve this:

One thing is that I’m going to impliment at “Goofy Training Program”. I haven’t decided what that is just yet, but basically it’s going to get me ready just incase I decide to run the Goofy next year. That’s still up in the air, but just incase, I want to be ready. I do know for sure that I’m going to be running the Full Marathon in 2011 so this program will have to get me ready for that.

I’m also giving myself a new challenge. I’m not going to talk about it much here, but it’s definitely ambitious and sounds a lot like something a Goofy person would do! I’ll discuss this in a later post after Marathon Weekend.

Also, I want to complete a half marathon in 2:30. I finished the Disneyland Half in about 2:45 so it’s certainly doable, if I would just train hard enough for it. I’m shooting for it during this race, but I seriously doubt that I make it, but who knows!

Read More- I have SO many books that I want to read. I buy them with ever intention of reading them, but life (and laziness) gets in the way and I wind up shelving the books only to forget about them. Well, I’m going to try and change that this year. I’m going to attempt to read one non school related book every week. This will be hard to do considering all the school reading I have to do, but I’m hoping that with enough practice, this will help with my pursuit of speed reading.

Work More- This basically means to get a job! As soon as school starts back, I’m going to attempt to find a job in a law office. I’ll take anything from runner to clerk, receptionist to janitor… as long as I can add something from a law office onto my resume. Jobs in this field are scarce, but I’m going to try. After a few weeks, if I haven’t had any luck, I’ll start looking elsewhere until the “right job” comes along.

I think that is all. It should be based on the size of this post! I will be sure to add and cross things off as they happen. I’m also going to add a link to this post in the side bar, so you can keep up with these resolutions and help hold me accountable!

Happy New Year everyone! Hope you all have a healthy 2010!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

You weren't kidding when you said your goals are almost exactly like mine :)! I think you have some really good goals and I can't wait to see what you do with these goals - I have a feeling you're going to be smashing through these and needing to come up with new ones :)!

As to the Goofy Challenge - I kind of set up my training for 2010 thinking I'll do the Goofy, but I'm just so unsure. I have about 10 days to decide as registration opens on Jan 11th and I know how fast the Goofy fills up.

I'll be around to push you and hold you up when you need it!