Sunday, December 6, 2009

Cool Computer Doohickey

My aunt emailed me this link:

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/pacing/javascriptCalcs3-v2.asp

Y'all know that us backwoods Mississippians aren't very technically savvy, so I don't really know what to call this thing other than a "doohickey".

This "doohickey" is pretty cool. It allows you to make a pace band for your goal time for either a 5k, 10k, Half Marathon or Full Marathon. You fill out the form with your desired parameters and it makes your pace band. I used one of these at Disneyland and it seemed to really help me out. If I felt like I wouldn't make the mile in the desired time it forced me to run faster and if I didn't make it I would just run for even longer. I don't know, I guess it kept me going mentally. I was amazed at how well that little piece of paper worked for me.

Anyway, I'm rambling on. I just thought that those of you with a time goal could use this.

That's it for me. See you soon!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Very cool. I'm printing one out right now :)!