Hey guys! I know, I know.... It's been forever since I've updated this thing. I've just been bogged down with school and such. I think that now that I actually care about my major and know what the devil I'm doing, I actually want to do my best and that takes up alot more time that last year, ha ha.
Things have been doing pretty well on all fronts (with the exception of Dieting and Cardio). Life hasn't thrown me many curve balls as of late (knock on wood) and everything seems to be going all right. By the way, I FINALLY got my car back this weekend. I missed her SOO much!
With all of that, I have GOT to get back into the swing of things. I have done virtutually no running since Disneyland and very little cardio at all. On top of that, dieting has gone to hell in a hand basket. Fortunealy, I've been in the gym lifting weights almost every day, so that has held off any significant weight gains (and I'm starting to get some muscle too!)
With about two months before the WDW Half Marathon to go. I have GOT to get with things. So, as of tomorrow, the diet is being jumpstarted, I'm getting back into running, and I'm getting back into the "cardio section" of the gym and maybe even the pool.
I'm also going to get back to the blogging. I feel that you guys have been a vital part of my success in this whole thing and since I've been away from the "Blogasphere" I feel like I've been slipping. Well NO MORE! I'M BACK! I'm going to, at least twice a week, start posting progress reports so you all can either encourage me or adminsiter a good ass kickin' whenever you seem fit.
Well that's it from me today. BTW, I have my Disneyland pictures on my computer so look for some trip reports this week too!
3 comments:
Welcome back, Matt. :-)
We're here for ya, so what's the plan? You're doing the half again in January, right?
This is the perfect time to get going with a couple of months of good training left.
Glad to hear you've got your car back. That has to feel good!
Sounds like you've got your school priorities in order - that's important.
Good job with the weightlifting. It will certainly help as you begin your running again.
I hear you on the diet and exercise front. I just started a 10 week 1/2 marathon training plan last week and it hurts this week. Just get moving and you'll be fine and I'll be happy to comment whenever you want :)!
Many of us have been on/off the blogs this year, so we know exactly how you feel! That's cool that you are focused on school now -- it's a great opportunity, one that you'll regret not taking advantage of later, if you blow it off now. Hang in there!
Post a Comment