Monday, July 6, 2009

Ok... New Game Plan

Hi guys. By now, I'm sure all of you have heard about the tragic accident at Disney this week, so I won't get into that other than to say that my thoughts and prayers are with Austin's family and friends.


Ok, now on to my "see see what happen was..." moment....

As you probably remember, I said that I was going to start publishing trip reports today. Well as usual, I've decided to put it off for a little while. I don't have any pictures right now to add to the reports because my camera is on the fritz. My aunt has a lot of good pictures that I can use, but I have to get them. I should have them in a few days. So, when I get them, I'll start posting a day by day report along with my training updates. That way it will give you guys something to read other than my pointless babel on what I did at the gym and the park that day.

So be patient. The trip reports are coming! Tomorrow will be the race report, I hope....

For the most part, everything is well on the weight training front. I hit the gym pretty hard everyday last week and today, but I'm doing hardly any cardio and absolutely no running. That all changes tomorrow.

I've set up a new "Get Your Rear in Gear" marathon training plan. On this plan I go to the gym twice a day (once for cardio and once for weights... makes it easier on me) and to the park once in the morning. Here's a Sample of my plan:

Monday- Run 5 miles, 30 min on the Elliptical, 10 min on Stairmaster and Arms
Tuesday- Run 3 miles, 30 min on the Bike, 10 on Arm Bike and Chest
Wednesday- Run 6 miles, 30 on Elliptical, 10 on Stairmaster and Back and Shoulders
Thursday- Run 5 miles, 30 on Bike, 10 on Arm Bike and Arms
Friday- Run 2 miles, 30 on Elliptical, 10 on Stairmaster and Chest
Saturday- "Long Run" (depends on weekly goal) and Back and Shoulders

I take a break on Sunday, and do a different ab/oblique exercise everyday. Of course this plan will very from week to week. Like this week, I didn't do it other than the weights, but I'll pick it up tomorrow.

I have GOT to get my ass out there and running. I've only got 62 days before the Disneyland Half and I REFUSE to go on my first trip to Southern California as a fatassed Mississippian (again, WE'RE NUMBER ONE! WOOHOO!!! Oh wait....). I hate to fit into stereotypes. I really do.

4 comments:

DebWDW said...

Sounds like a plan! And I did not know you were going to DL!! That's so exciting! And I know Jonathan will love having you there. I couldn't swing it this year, but I really want to do it next year, so I can get the both coasts medal. You rock!!

Amanda said...

Okay, time to get serious and stick to that plan...You're getting close to the DL Half and you need to get the miles in now so you're not having trouble on the course.

I know you can do it. That plan seems reasonable, but remember to listen to your body and give it a rest when it needs it. Training is good, injury is bad!

Justin said...

Good plan. You just have to execute on it. Look at the schedule as a minimum goal.

If possible, plus your plan wherever appropriate. Extra mile here or there. The occasional extra push on the weight training.

MikeF. said...

Did we lose you again. I know a rant has got to be building up! HAHAHAHAHAHA!