Monday, May 18, 2009

Just Catching Up!

Mongello! Things have been a little hectic around here, with Disney planning, training, and lots and lots of yard work (my garden is really starting to look nice!), that I've neglected updating you all.

First of all, the only thing that is set in stone for Disney is the dates, which are June 22-27 (sorry Justin... looks like we're going to miss each other this trip. We've still got Disneyland!). Everything else is up in the air. We're not even sure on who all is going. As soon as I get more of the details laid out, I'll do a pre-trip report.

Now to the training front: This weekend I put in 8 miles, which is the longest distance I've put in since the half. Here's a break down:

Mile 1- 15:08 Mile 5- 14:08
Mile 2- 12:26 Mile 6- 09:12
Mile 3- 12:17 Mile 7- 14:22
Mile 4- 12:00 Mile 8- 15:28

But there's more! I was also able to slowly run (more than jog) an entire mile! That's the first time that I've ever been able to do that! I've tried on many occasions, but never made it all the way! Yay me! However, that mile took alot out of me, so the remaining miles were slower, but I still managed to stay above sweeping speed. I have a while to work out the kinks, so I'm happy none the less.

Today, I got in 6 mile wog, albeit mostly walking. Legs were still a little tight from the weekend, but again, I've got a few weeks to work on it. Here's Today's Breakdown:
Mile 1- 15:24 Mile 4- 13:02
Mile 2- 12:18 Mile 5- 13:10
Mile 3- 12:44 Mile 6- 15:30

Fortuneatly, the Renissance Half next month has no pace requirement, so if I have to slow down I can. Not that I'm expecting to, it's just nice to have that luxury if I need it.

I finally got back to the gym today, though I didn't get to do what I wanted to do. I had originally wanted to do my arm workout today, but the gym was SO crowded today! It must have been "Redneck Day" or something. The gym is crowded enough with all of the machines in that tiny space. Add to that 20 something loud, obnoxious rednecks. I quickly decided to opt out of my original plan and just did my "Super Cardio" workout instead. Although I was kind of upset that I had to vary from my plan, I was pleased that this was the first time in a long while that I have been able to complete an entire Cardio workout. So, I was pleased!

Well, I think that's it from me today. How's everyone else?
___________________________________________________
Exercises:
Cardio
Wog 6 miles
30 minutes on Bike
30 minutes on Elliptical
10 minutes on Stairmaster
5 minutes on Arm Bike

Calisthenics
Crunches (4 sets of 20, Both Sides)
Reverse Crunches (4 sets of 20)
Pushups

Food Journal:
Breakfast- Protien Shake and OJ
Snack #1- Cup of Raisins
Lunch- Banana and Apple Sauce
Dinner- Chicken and Sausage Gumbo
Snack #2-

8 comments:

Chris said...

ahhh, redneck day at the gym... One of my favorite days! ;-)

You tore it up on Mile 6 of that first run, way to go with the running as well! Seems really tough at first, but if you keep giving it a go it gets MUCH easier over time. Just gotta stick with it.

Keep it up, you're doing great!

Heath said...

Wow Matt, you're doing great!! Keep it up!!

MikeF. said...

Wait you upset? NO.

Matt said...

I know, right?

Amanda said...

Wow - you did a full mile!!!! That's so awesome...You're doing so great. Keep up the great work.

Can't wait to hear about what you'll be doing on your trip in June. Isn't planning fun?

Justin said...

Great job on the mileage. You're doing better than I am at the moment!

Looks like will miss each other at WDW. See you at Disneyland.

Princess Fee said...

Fantastic job on the mileage - way to go with getting that faster mile too!!!

Rae! said...

Matt!!! I am soooooooooooooo proud of you!!!! And look at that really fast mile!!!!! Before you know it, I will have to bust my rear to keep up with you!!!!
I will look into trying to come up.