Thursday, April 30, 2009

One Last Look at the Scale

Hey guys, sorry I haven't posted in a few days. Things have just been very busy and chaotic here, with finals and all. I haven't been slacking in my diet or exercise, believe me. Just too busy to actually sit down and blog.

You may be wondering what I mean by today's title. Well, I got to thinking the other day that once school is out, I will no longer have access to the "medical scale" and only my inaccurate bathroom scale. I don't want to go back to that thing, only to be disappointed when I come back, So instead of weighing in every week, I've decided that I'm only going to weigh twice during the entire summer, once on the last day of this semester and once on the first day of next semester. I think this will be kinda fun to see just how much weight I can lose in a summer and let it be a total surprise. I will continue to track my progress through measurements, but it's going to be awesome to see just how low that number can go in 16 weeks. I'm pretty excited about it!

OK, so on to today's update: I got up this morning and did 2 miles. No swimming and just a little jogging, but it was better than nothing like I had planned on doing, ha ha. Later on in the day I went to the gym and did another 2 mile wog on the track then 30 minutes on the bike 6 on the arm bike and 15 on the elliptical (that sucker kills me!). No weights or calisthenics like I wanted to do, but my show was coming on and I didn't want to miss it. I'll just make it up tomorrow.

Food went ok today. The good news is that I didn't over eat or anything, but the bad is that in my busy schedule today, I actually forgot to eat for most of the day. I just wasn't hungry and I just wasn't thinking about it. I did eat dinner and a protein shake, so I think I'll be ok.

I think that's it for me today. How's everyone else doing?
___________________________________________________
Exercises:
Weight Training
Upper Body Weight Machines

Cardio
Wog 2 Miles in the am
Wog 2 Miles on Track
30 Minutes on Bike
15 minutes on Elliptical
6 minutes on Arm Bike

2 comments:

Amanda said...

That's an impressive workout schedule. You keep that up over the summer and you're going to kick butt ;)!

Be careful and don't slack on the measurements - you need some way to know how you're doing.

Please don't forget to eat...Your body needs fuel to sustain the pace you've got and if you skip meals too often you're going to end up with a body that wants to go in to starvation mode and you don't want that!!!!

Keep it up!

Chris said...

I'd agree with Amanda that you need to eat, just keep the choices good and you won't get yourself into trouble. :-)

Keep up the workouts despite the busy schedule, trust me, you can never be TOO busy...I've learned that all the way from working full time/school full time, on to one kid...and now two kids, working full time with a two hour commute, and the MBA program! Even though I'm dead tired, I know I'll feel better after getting any kind of workout in. :-) I'm waiting for the day that I'm "less busy", but don't think it'll ever come...