Well... I was going to write them, but other than the Keys to the Kingdom tour and the Marathon (which you've all pretty much covered it), nothing really out of the ordinary happened. So, I decided to scrap the Trip Reports for this trip. Maybe durning a slow week, I'll do one on the tour.
With that out of the way, it's time to start back with the training updates. On Saturday, I started slowly working my way back into the training world. I ran 3 miles, did some ab work, and did 30 minutes on the Elliptical, 30 minutes on the Bike, and 5 minutes on the stairmaster. Then turned around and did it again yesterday, minus the 3 miler. Today, I walked 2 miles and actually ran a mile. Yes! a full mile! I was going to start weightlifting this afternoon, but things happened, so I'll just pick it up on Wednesday.
Ok... now on to the car situation. Some of you know somewhat about what happened. Well here's the full version. Last Friday night, I was on my way to Madison (NE of Jackson) to meet up with a friend and go catch a movie (The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, which was excellent). Well on 220 (Jackson's version of the Beltway) my car began to over heat. I was only 2 miles from Madison, so I decided to just keep going and try to make it there, since I know it's a decent and safe place. Well I made it, but the car didn't. As I turned on to the off ramp, she died. I was able to slowly coast into a gas station, where she stopped. Fortuneatly my friend lives in Madison, so he was able to take me to the theater, and then back home.
The next day, my Dad came up from Brookhaven to see what he could do with it. When he saw it, he really couldn't figure out what was wrong with the car, so he decided to take it back home and see what he could do from there. We go back to Brookhaven to get the trailer, come back and put the car on and took her home.
A few days later, Dad called me and told me that he thought he had her fixed, but he didn't. The car continued to heat up even after he fixed what ever he thought was wrong. So, My Lumina is now sitting in a car graveyard. I loved that car.
But, life moves on. My parents have found a new (to me car) that they should be buying for me in a few days. It's a 2000 Honda Civic. I have not seen the car yet, but from what my parents have told me, it's in excellent shape, fairly low mileage (for a 10 year old car) and appears to have nothing wrong with it. Hopefully they're right. They should be bringing it to me on Wednesday. I'll post about what I think of it then. We shall see!
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Ok, I thought I posted this last night, until Mike sent me a message on Facebook. I think I hit save now instead of Publish Post. Oh well... I've fixed it now.
Also, I wanted to say a quick hello and welcome to Gabe. Thanks for posting and I hope to see you around more!
3 comments:
Ahhh, the Lumina....I owned two Chevy Celebrity's...the predecesor to the Lumina, so I get the love for the car. :)
Also, I too have a Civic. Doesn't have the room the Chevy had, but it gets good mileage and has some kick to it! (07 Si 4dr) ;-)
One mile run in your workout, that's awesome Matt congrats! You might just become a runner yet. Keep working hard on it, feels really good every time you can add another .5 to that run.
You ran a mile!!!! Holy Cats!!! That is great.
Poor car... it sounds like it needs a water pump and a thermostat.
I am getting a newer car too. But I like Ford. So I am getting a Ford Focus, 37 miles to the gallon. It is bigger than my Mustang. Which only got 15 miles to the gallon in town and on the highway 18.
I loved the Lumina I used to own. It was a 1990 and the thing ran great. When I sold my lumina it had over 200,000 miles on it and the guy who bought it drove it for another 2 years with out any problems. MY best memory with the car is that I drove it down/back to/from Florida for the college program. Ah the memories.
Post a Comment