Ok... I went through the interview a little while ago. For the most part, I think it went well. I think that I may just get in. However, I don't think that I got the job I wanted. I really wanted Vacation Planner, Hospitality or possibly Merchandise. That way it would be easier for me to convince my school to accept the internship. I really think that they put me as a Character Attendant which wouldn't be bad, it will just be hard to explain. But I think it went fine.
Now the bad news. My parent's insurance (through the City of Brookhaven who my dad works as a fireman for - The city is the one's causing the problems not the insurance) is threating to cancel my insurance if I do this.
They are saying that I must be a full time student at my university in order to remain covered. In the city's words "part time at one institution and part time at another doesn't mean I'm full time". How in the heck am I supposed to be fully enrolled at my school and still do the CP? I'm looking for online classes at MC, but since it's a private school I'll have to pay full tuition. Also, there aren't any real online classes here. There are some basics, but I've already taken them. This has really upset me because I feel like they lied to me.
Anyway, I'm going to go talk to my counselor tomorrow and see what I can do. I thought I was pretty much home free, then this happened. I'll update you all as soon as I know something.
2 comments:
Bummer. Keep talking to people and maybe it will all work out!
Don't give up. It may work out.
Post a Comment